The Sukhumvit Street Market is an open-air night market that takes over both sides of a 1-km-long stretch of road in Nana. You can find plenty of stalls selling an eclectic range of goods, including cheap clothes, DVDs, knock-off watches and souvenirs. It’s quite popular among those looking for last-minute souvenirs or just fancies a browse along one of Bangkok’s busiest streets.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
Sukhumvit Street Market highlights
Sukhumvit Street Market stands out from most markets in Bangkok thanks to the convenience of its downtown location. The market opens every evening, with vendors setting up around 5pm and selling through the night until around midnight.
Tourist-friendly businesses such as massage parlours, tailors, and restaurants occupy shops opposite the street market. You’ll also find pop-up bars offering cheap drinks and snacks, as this is a slightly seedy part of Nana. It’s also a fascinating part of the city where many types of people converge at night.
Good to know about Sukhumvit Street Market in Bangkok
Sukhumvit Street Market in Bangkok can be quite packed with crowds, especially if you’re on the odd-numbered side of the street. The even-numbered side of the road offers a more relaxed pace – the pavement is wider, making it easier to explore the market.
Sukhumvit Street Market is between the Nana and Asok BTS Skytrain Stations. You can disembark from either station and get to the market within a 5-minute walk.
Sukhumvit Street Market in Bangkok
- Highlights: Sukhumvit Road Soi 1–20, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Opening Hours: Daily from 7pm to 1am (some stalls will close early)
- BTS: Nana