The Sukhumvit Street Market takes over both sides of the street along a 1km stretch between Nana and Asok BTS Skytrain Stations. The eclectic range of goods include clothes, copied DVDs, knock-off watches and enough cheap souvenirs for all the family…and then some.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
It is by no means the best place to shop, but it stands out due to the convenience of its downtown location. The Sukhumvit Street Market takes place every night, with vendors setting up around 17:00 and selling through the night until around 24:00. While it is insufficient for a complete shopping trip, anyone looking for last minute souvenirs or even just fancies a browse along one of Bangkok’s most cosmopolitan streets, this market is popular.
Occupying the shops opposite the street market are tourist friendly businesses such as massage parlours, tailors, restaurants, and street side pop-up bars offering cheap drinks and friendly (and thirsty) girls who are happy to keep you company. There is a slightly seedy aura to the Nana area of Bangkok, but it is also a fascinating part of the city where many types of society converge and for that reason makes an interesting place to experience.
Due to the popularity of this area of Bangkok and the encroaching stalls, walking on the odd-numbered side of the street can become packed, however this is where you will find most of the stalls. On the even-numbered side the pace is more relaxed and the pavement is wider so you can have a more pleasant stroll.
Sukhumvit Street Market
- Opening Hours: 11:00 - 22:30
- BTS: Nana
- Address: Sukhumvit sois 2-12 and sois 3-15