Suan Lum Night Bazaar Ratchada is a night market located on Ratchada Road, close to Lad Phrao MRT Underground Station. With 1,800 stalls, shops, restaurants and plenty of entertainment options, it is looking to recreate the experience of the original Sun Lum Night Bazaar, which was a mainstay on tourists’ itineraries until it closed several years ago. Opened in December 2015, this new location is slightly more out-of-town and has a more modern vibe than its predecessor. The night market is complemented by a brand new 800 room hotel called The Bazaar Hotel and the Playhouse Cabaret Ladyboy Show.
The shops and stalls are split between an indoor market area and an open air shopping street. The type of items for sale are fairly typical of night markets in Bangkok, including printed tees, shoes, fashion jewellery, artwork, wood carvings, and a host of souvenirs.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
Entertainment is a highlight of Suan Lum Night Bazaar Ratchada and comes in the form of Muay Thai boxing, live music, a magic show, and a water park is being planned. Eating is all part of the Bangkok night market experience, and here you will find several restaurants offering classic Thai dishes and seafood, with snack stalls doling out sweet treats.
The original Suan Lum Night Bazaar was located next to Lumpini Park on Rama IV Road and was enduringly popular, operating from 2001 until 2011 when land developers bought the land to build condominiums. Since then, a new location has been sought – and Ratchada’s Lad Phrao intersection is the place. It is claimed many of the original tenants are moving up to this new location so you may see some familiar faces if you used to frequent the previous location. It is easy to find the new Suan Lum Night Bazaar, walking distance from the MRT Underground at Lad Prao.
Suan Lum Night Bazaar Ratchada
- Opening Hours: 16:00-24:00 daily
- Location: Ratchada-Lad Prao Intersection
- MRT: Lad Prao
- Tel: +66 (0)2 938 1471
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/suanlumnight