Snow Town Bangkok at Gateway Ekkamai
Themed Snow Village in Bangkok0
Snow Town Bangkok is an indoor themed village and play area with 30-40 cm of artificial snow located in Gateway Ekkamai shopping mall. Inside the air conditioned hall there is a Main Street with Japanese restaurants, shops and a playground. There is also a modest slope with sleighs and skis for rent so you can recreate the sensation of being high up in the mountains of Hokkaido.
Tickets to enter Snow Town themed village cost 100 baht for people over 90cm tall and 80 baht for children less than 90cm tall. Entrance to the Snow Playground is an additional 100 baht per 30 minutes. Winter gear including jackets, gloves, and snow shoes also require an additional fee. For a 55 minute skiing lesson it costs from 600 baht for a group or 3,400 baht for a private lesson.Read More
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Floating Markets Cycling & Boat Tour
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Safari World & Marine Park Full-Day Tour With Buffet Lunch
- Muay Thai Live Performance
There is always an artificial snow machine pumping out fresh snow and forming little mounds which children love to climb up and slide down, but try to time you visit to experience the snow falling from the roof. This happens four times a day at 12:00 (11:00 on weekends), 15:00, 18:00, and 20:00. The hall is kept at a refreshing 15 degrees Celsius so it never really gets cold, although it is certainly a big change from the tropical temperatures of Bangkok.
If you are just curious to check out snow in Bangkok, it is perfectly fine just to pay the entrance fee, take a walk around the Main Street and have a meal in one of the many restaurants. Here you will find ramen, ‘yaki-niku’ barbeque, and speciality crab restaurants, among others. The Japanese element is a bit twee but it’s catering mainly towards the local Thai community who seem to love it.
For many Thai families it is the first time they have ever felt snow so spirits are high in most children (and their parents). You can expect lots of laughter and rolling about in the fluffy white powder. Snow Town Bangkok is best for small children around 4 to 8 years old as the playground is fairly simple and older children might get bored quickly. Younger children seem to love climbing the snow mounds, playing with a ball or simply just dancing under the snowfall.
Gateway Ekkamai has direct access from Ekkamai BTS Station so it is very easy to find. If your children still have energy to burn, head down one floor to the children’s amusement park Kidszoona at Molly Fantasy. The rest of the mall has a collection of restaurants, a 24 hour supermarket and a few clothing stores.
Snow Town Bangkok
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 11.00 - 22.00, Saturday - Sunday and Holidays 10.00 - 22.00
- Location: Fifth Floor, Gateway Ekkamai, Sukhumvit Road
- BTS: Ekkamai
- Price Range: From 80 baht for young children, 100 baht for older children and adults (gear rental and activities require additional fees)