Skytrain Jazz Bar
Rooftop Bar at Victory Monument BTS Station0
Victory Monument’s longstanding Skytrain Jazz Bar wins us over every time we visit with its photogenic views of the BTS rattling past, a charming assortment of retro furnishings and live jazz sessions every night.
The mismatching decor, empty whiskey bottles from the night before and overly casual service all make this feel more like a rooftop garden on top of a student apartment - rather than one of Bangkok’s famous glistening rooftop bars, but that’s all part of its charisma. One word of warning: it’s on the sixth floor and there’s no lift.
But don’t let the whole hippy-student vibes fool you; Skytrain Jazz Bar attracts a much more diverse crowd than just Victory Monument’s college kids, with a good mix of local and expat yuppies, couples on a date night and repeat visitors to Bangkok, perhaps looking to escape the more commercialised scene around neighbouring Siam.Read More
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Floating Markets Cycling & Boat Tour
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Safari World & Marine Park Full-Day Tour With Buffet Lunch
- Muay Thai Live Performance
Drink choices are relatively basic, with local beers, spirits and classic cocktails taking up most of the menu. They have introduced a couple of signature cocktails (220 baht), but we prefer to play it safe with a bottle of Singha or gin and tonic for 100 baht. There is a long menu of Thai dishes, all cooked in the impossibly small kitchen one floor below and brought up. The inflated prices for regular street food regulars like som tam, lab salad and fried rice normally keep our attention fixed on the drinks list only – but it’s good to know there something there to snack on if hunger calls.
The altogether unique location of Skytrain Jazz Bar make this one of our favourite low-key sundowner spots, plus it’s just a short hop away from Downtown Bangkok on the train. Doors open at 17:00 daily, and the live jazz gets going at 20:30 on weekdays and 22:30 on the weekend. Find the tiny entrance just 10 meters into Soi Rang Nam off the main Phayathai Road.
Skytrain Jazz Bar
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 17:00 - 01:00 Daily
- Location: Skytrain Jazz Pub, 5/F, 6 Rangnam Road, Bangkok
- Tel: +66 (0)2 640 0303