Shibuya 19 Shopping Mall in Pratunam
Newest Pratunam shopping mall0
Shibuya 19 Shopping Mall in Bangkok is a six storey complex selling fashionable clothes for ladies and gents at discount prices. The stalls in Shibuya 19 are loosely arranged around themes such as Fashion, Bags and Shoes, but it’s a fairly haphazard collection with the majority of the mall dedicated to women’s fashion. It is similar in style to Platinum Fashion Mall across the road, but Shibuya 19 feels less hectic and makes for a more relaxed shopping experience. Shibuya 19 Shopping Centre is easy to find on the corner of Petchburi Road Soi 19 in the Pratunam district of Bangkok. It is a 10 minute walk from either Ratchatewi or Chit Lom BTS Station.
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show
- Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World with Private Roundtrip Transportation
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Dream World Excursion with Roundtrip Transfer
The name is clearly in reference to the Mecca of youth culture in Asia, the world famous Shibuya 109 Shopping Mall in the Shibuya district of Tokyo. The Japanese theme loosely continues inside with each floor being named after a district of Tokyo and J-pop pumping out of speakers on the ground floor. Expect shops selling funky print T-shirts, a rainbow coloured selection of handbags, cute chiffon dresses and tops and a glut of everyday accessories at hard to beat prices: think hair bands, necklaces, earrings and belts. If you are heading to the beach after Bangkok, then seek out the bikinis and board shorts on sale, and if you’re on your way back home then there are a few stalls selling formal work attire like blouses, shirts and slacks.
Bargaining is common here, although you may have to buy more than one piece to receive a discount – but it never hurts to ask. On the ground floor there is a McDonalds and on the sixth floor there is a surprisingly varied food court with regional food from across Southeast Asia, the Middle East (including the only Syrian restaurant we know of in Bangkok), as well as a few western options. Directly above the shopping mall is Glow Hotel, so if you are in the mood for a cocktail you could head up there after your shopping spree. Pratunam district is a shopping paradise for fans of bargains and Shibuya 19 Shopping Mall in Bangkok is adding yet another reason to check it out.
- Opening Hours: 08:00 - 19:00
- Location: Phetchaburi 19, Pratunam
- BTS: Ratchatewi or Chit Lom (Both require a 10 minute walk. Head to Platinum Fashion Mall. Shibuya 19 Shopping Mall is opposite).
- Tel: +66 (0) 2257 3980
You May Also Like