Bangkok Seashell Museum0
At first, Bangkok Shell Museum appears to be a place addressing only conchologists (of course you know what a conchologist is) and other shell collectors, and in a way it's not untrue, a shell museum seems a geeky place to visit on a holiday, especially in a big city. However, this remarkably large collection of exquisite shells is displayed in a really intelligent way, explaining and describing how shells are just more than a beautiful objects... or a delicacy on your plate. Shells can have surprising features and some of them are among the most deadly living creatures on earth. They have been part of human history since the beginning of time, as currency, as musical instruments and more recently as part of medical research.Read More
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Floating Markets Cycling & Boat Tour
- Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Visit
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Safari World & Marine Park Full-Day Tour With Buffet Lunch
- Muay Thai Live Performance
The 3,000 specimens of 600 species are neatly arranged by families and extremely well annotated in both English and Thai, using plenty of illustrations and diagrams to make the visit interesting and informative without ever being boring. The most popular shells are the alien looking or the largest ones, especially the massive giant clam weighing no less than 300 kg! On the upper floors you'll find fascinating collections of colourful shells organized with artisitic sensibility, all very enjoyable even if you are not a shell enthusiast. The range of colours goes far beyond the few shells found on any beach of Thailand.
The Seashell museum might not be for everyone but if you happen to be around Rivercity, The sky bar at Lebua or The Bangkokian Museum, Bangkok Seashell Museum is a surprisingly interesting display to browse for an hour or so.
Bangkok Seashell Museum
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 10.00 - 18.30
- Location: Silom Road next to Soi Silom 23, opposite the Lerdsin Hospital.
- Tel: +66 (0)2 234 0291
- Price Range: 200 baht
You May Also Like