Rot Fai Park (Suan Rot Fai) is a wide grassy expanse which was once a golf course but now is an extremely popular bicycle and picnic spot. Located near Chatuchak Market in the north of Bangkok, you will find hordes of bike riders every weekend, attracted by the lush nature that abounds all around. Birds, lizards, turtles and hundreds of grand old tress make a beautiful backdrop to a leisurely cycle around the 2 km bitumen cycle track. The cycle track is flat and easy to ride.
Bikes can be rented next to the car park at the entrance to the park (although if you are walking from the BTS Skytrain or MRT Underground you will be on the opposite side of the park) and cost around 40- 60 baht depending on which bike you choose. Paddle boats can also be rented for 40 baht for 30 minutes. A popular stop, whether cycling round or not, is the Bangkok Butterfly Garden which houses a multi-layered greenhouse filled with flowers and butterflies. Other activities available at Rot Fai Park include tennis, swimming, basketball, petanque, sepak takraw, and kayaking.
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Floating Markets Cycling & Boat Tour
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Safari World & Marine Park Full-Day Tour With Buffet Lunch
- Muay Thai Live Performance
As one of the biggest parks in Bangkok, Rot Fai Park is probably the best place for those times when you’ve had too much of the urban jungle. It’s certainly feels a hundred miles away from bustling downtown – particularly on quieter weekdays.
Although the official name is Suan Wachira Benjathat, everyone knows it by its nickname Rot Fai Park (‘rot fai’ means train in Thai, and there are still some abandoned engines and carriages close to the entrance). It is fairly easy to find Rot Fai Park, just north of Chatuchak Park and the world-famous JJ Market. Take the BTS Skytrain to Mo Chit Station or the MRT Underground to Chatuchak Park Station, it is a 10 minute walk from either one.
Rot Fai Park Bangkok
- Opening Hours: 05:00-21:00 daily
- Location: Kamphaeng Phet 3 Rd, Chatuchak
- MRT: Chatuchak Park
- BTS: Mo Chit
- Tel: +66 (0)2 537 9221