Rod Fai Market (Train Market) in the Ratchada area of Bangkok brings in the same convivial night bazaar feel, antiques curios, and street food snacks and treats from its original location, into an area of the city that’s much easier to access thanks to the nearby Cultural Centre MRT Underground Station.
Although the original, Srinakarin branch is much larger, it’s also way out in the suburbs of Bangkok, making it challenging for people who find themselves on the other side of the city. This new Train Market is more central and compact, meaning it’s easier to pop in for a spot of browsing anytime from 6pm to midnight, Thursday to Sunday.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
Overview of the Ratchada Rod Fai Market
The Ratchada Rad Foi Market is split into long avenues with antiques, secondhand toys, and kitsch curios found in the central few avenues. On the periphery, there’s a combination of more general market type clothes, shoes, handbags, and plenty of snack stalls.
Up towards the back end of the market are a row of bars, with VW vans pumping out a mixture of Thai and western pop tunes and adorned with fairy lights. Everyone is very friendly, and conversation flows easily between tables.
Good to know about Rod Fai Market Ratchada
As in all markets in Bangkok, bargaining is expected at the new Rod Fai Market Ratchada as there is no set price for anything. That being said, as this market is so popular with Thai people, prices are lower here than you might find in Chatuchak Market in the north of Bangkok (although genuine antiques and one-off vintage items are rarely cheap).
Ultimately, the original Rod Fai is still a favourite to many mainly due to its huge plot of land and different sections. But we often find ourselves going more to the new Ratchada Train Market because it’s so convenient and still retains the same arty vibe.
The Ratchada Train Market is easy to find as it’s located directly behind Cultural Centre MRT Underground Station. If you’re taking a taxi, be sure to stress that you want to go to Ratchada (not the Srinakarin one).
Rod Fai Market Ratchada
- Opening Hours: Thursday–Sunday from 5pm to midnight (closed Monday–Wednesday)
- Location: Ratchadaphisek Road, Din Daeng, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
- MRT: National Cultural Centre
- Tel: +66 (0)92 713 5599