Peppina Restaurant Bangkok
Stylish Pizzeria on Sukhumvit Soi 310
Peppina Restaurant in Phrom Phong is the perfect combination of hearty Italian food, cool ambiance and great value prices. The large dining room is packed most nights of the week, with an eclectic range of diners; everyone from Japanese expats to trendy locals and inquisitive westerners hungry for a genuine pizza.
The menu at Peppina is a fairly consise two pages, with some tempting daily specials usually added. However most diners are attracted by the genuine Neapolitan pizza, available for around 200 for a solo serving or 400 for a large. The thing that sets Peppina’s pizzas apart is the base: the handmade dough is left to ferment for 12 hours before being shovelled into the pizza oven. The result is a pizza that is lightly charred on the base and has some pull to it, akin to ciabatta bread, and not at all like a soft bun as several places try to pass off for pizza in Bangkok.Read More
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Floating Markets Cycling & Boat Tour
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Safari World & Marine Park Full-Day Tour With Buffet Lunch
- Muay Thai Live Performance
Pizza is the main draw at Peppina Bangkok, but don’t overlook the tasty antipastis and deli selections, such as the meat platter served with a lovely ensemble of delicacies: pickles, olives, smooth pate, pickled sardines and plenty of flat bread. There is also a few interesting, if not eyebrow raising, salads on the menu, including a fresh peach and rocket salad that scores points for uniqueness if nothing else.
The soundtrack to a meal at Peppina is punk rock, 80s new wave and a random selection of classic tracks, that goes great with the large selection of craft beers and surprisingly varied wine selection by the glass. There are three craft beers on tap, including the balanced golden ale Birra del Borgo for 220 baht, with a whole load more by the bottle. Wines are dominated by Italian labels and strart from around 1,500 baht for the bottle.
NOTE: Peppina has opened a new branch at The Commons Food and Lifestyle Mall on Thonglor Soi 17.
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 11:30-14:30; 18:00-23:00 (closed on Monday)
- Location: Sukhumvit Soi 31, 10 metres from Phrom Chit junction
- BTS: Phrom Phong
- Tel: +66 (0)2 119 7677