Osha's Street Food Lunch
New Set Lunch Menu at Osha Bangkok0
Osha Bangkok – one of the capital’s biggest openings of 2015 – have rolled out an eye-catching lunch set menu, taking inspiration from ‘Thai street food’ to deliver classic dishes all in some glamourous surrounds on Wireless Road.
Perhaps the best thing about Osha’s new lunch menu is the price: pick one main dish for just 285 baht, then add a starter and dessert for 100 baht more each. This means you can get a three-course lunch for 500 baht in what was previously known as one of the more expensive Thai restaurants in Bangkok. Clearly not anymore.
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show
- Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World with Private Roundtrip Transportation
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Dream World Excursion with Roundtrip Transfer
As for those single dish mains, expect the likes of
khaomun gai(chicken over rice), pad Thai, khao soi wagyu (curry noodle with wagyu), and khao na ped panang(duck in curry with rice).
After a recent visit, the khao soi wagyu really impressed us, leaving us asking just how they can make money on this dish, using premium ingredients and serving it up in hearty portions for good measure. In all honesty, this was one of the best
khao soisI’ve tried anywhere in Bangkok. Same goes for their panangduck dish; super succulent meat, creamy sauce and almost big enough to fill up for lunch on its own.
khaomun gaiis less spectacular, although we enjoyed the deep fried blood and spicy homemade sauce. Kanom jeenis also on the main’s menu; here, there soft white noodles are served with tempura-style vegetables and a side of tangy sauce with chunks of fresh crab meat. It’s stylish, affordable and tasty (but I would still recommend that khao soi any day of the week).
Starters and desserts also raise
questionon just how a classy establishment like this can charge only 100 bahtper dish. The O- liangcrème brulee– a take on milky Thai coffee normally served in the liquid form over ice – was just a perfect way to end this budget lunch.
Osha Bangkok’s Thai Street Food Premium Lunch Set is running every day from 11:00-14:30. Of course, they are still open for dinner in the evening to and you can read our full review on the whole restaurant below. The restaurant is a short walk from either Ploenchit BTS or Lumpini MRT Station.
- Opening Hours: Lunch: 11:00 – 14:30; Dinner: 18:00 – 24:00
- Address: 99 Wireless Road, Lumpini Pathumwan, Bangkok
- Tel: +66 (0)2 256 6555 // reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org
You May Also Like