Moon Rooftop - Victory Monument
Cool Hangout by the BTS Skytrain0
Moon Rooftop Bar (no, not the one on top of Banyan Tree) is a cool new hangout that looks directly over the ever-busy Victory Monument roundabout. Located on the fifth floor of the slightly rundown Victory Mall, Moon Rooftop provides a welcome rest bite from the neighbourhood’s constant stream of commuters and traffic with its alfresco terrace and indoor, air-conditioned dining room.
There’s a sturdy lineup of snacks, main dishes, cocktails and beers, as well as some on/off themed events. However, the real reason to pay Moon a visit are those views; in fact, we don’t know of any bar in Bangkok that sits this close to the BTS tracks, not even the more famous Skytrain Jazz Pub down the road.Read More
- Chao Phraya River Cruise with Dinner
- Half-Day Cooking Lesson at Blue Elephant Cooking School
- Siam Niramit Show
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Temples & City Tour
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Temple Tour
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show at the Grand Theatre with Dinner & Roundtrip Transfer
- Safari World Tour with Roundtrip Transfer
- Golden Buddha, Reclining Buddha, Marble Temple & Gems Gallery Tour
Moon Rooftop seem to have taken inspiration from many other lower-end rooftop bars in Bangkok, with their menu billed as ‘Thai-fusion’. A lot of the items come in the salad-form, such as fried shrimp salad, minced pork salad, crab stick salad, som tam, and yam talay. With so much incredible street food dotted around Victory Monument, we suggest getting your fill before heading up, and then properly indulge in their more impressive cocktail menu. There’re also some eye-catching promos to take advantage of such as buy-on-get-one-free Mojitos on Tuesdays and 50% off all cocktails for ladies on Wednesdays.
As for their themed nights, it’s best to check their Facebook page (below) to see what is lined up, but past events have included salsa sessions, Latino parties, belly dancing lessons, and hip-hop nights. There is also a spacious stage with two floor-to-ceiling metal poles used for dancing (of the aerobic kind, not the go-go one).
Find Moon Rooftop on the fifth floor of Victory Mall. The best way to find it is to get off the BTS at Victory Monument and follow the elevated skywalk directly into the second floor of the mall.
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 11:00-24:00 daily
- Location: 5F Victory Mall, Ratchawithi Road, Thanon Phayathai, Bangkok
- Tel: +66(0)83 464 8000
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/moonrooftop