Lucca Italian Restaurant Bangkok
Neighbourhood Italian Restaurant on Sukhumvit0
Lucca Italian Restaurant is one of those special restaurants hidden away down a seemingly quiet street, and when you find it you kick yourself for not exploring even a little off the beaten path. The fact that Lucca relies on word of mouth is testament to the excellent Italian and Mediterranean cuisine, personalised service and the homely vibe.
For fans of authentic Italian cuisine, Lucca Bangkok feels like a great find. It is located in a tasteful house on a small road between Ekkamai and Prakanaong in the Sukhumvit area of Bangkok. The easiest way to find the restaurant is to take a taxi outside Prakanong BTS Skytrain Station (Exit 3) and head up Soi Pridi and take a left at Soi 15 (instructions in Thai below).Read More
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show
- Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World with Private Roundtrip Transportation
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Dream World Excursion with Roundtrip Transfer
The team at Lucca, both in the kitchen and front of house, operate seamlessly. It is clear Lucca has assembled a superb team with a lot of experience. The chef comes from working in many of Bangkok’s finest five-star hotels, while the front of house have also been plucked from the luxury hotel industry, bringing with them a diligent yet unobtrusive serving style.
Dishes centre on recipes from Tuscany with the added benefit of Mediterranean recipes for people who want a little more range of options. Classic Italian pastas, cold cut platters, traditional soups and hearty mains will immediately jump off the page, while Mediterranean dishes come in the form of a French ratatouille with crisp vegetables, foie gras with apple and other regional delicacies.
Having opened in September 2015, the menu is still growing, for example, the caviar plate feels a little like a showpiece on the appetiser menu. More in keeping with the vibe is the Prosciutto with cantaloupe (340 baht); happily the Romagna Parma ham comes in large cuts which wrap twice around the melon balls for a more intense flavour and texture. Tasmanian black mussels in white wine sauce doesn’t strike us as typically Italian, but is a great appetiser for seafood lovers and again shows this menu has more pan-European dishes to appeal to a wider audience.
For the mains, we actually prefer to order one meat dish and one fish dish and share. The braised short rib beef (890 baht) is slow cooked for incredible tenderness and served with capsicum, mashed potato and a rich beef stock jus.
A personal favourite, the snow fish (1,210 baht) is an impressively large fillet, cooked with sherry vinegar and served with roasted peppers, and some delicious bacon bits that add a counterpoint to the lean white fish. Our only wish was for even more bacon as the flavours matched so well!
For desserts, we can’t look past the chocolate tortino (320 baht) is a light sponge cake with rich lava fondue inside and a hint of tart raspberry sauce.
Western expats already living around Thonglor and Ekkamai are already visiting Lucca Bangkok and we envisage repeat visitors to Bangkok will love the relaxed yet sophisticated vibe here. Despite this being a new restaurant, the experience of the team at Lucca Bangkok contributes to a feeling of a familiar neighbourhood restaurant that gets everything right.
Lucca Italian Restaurant
- Opening Hours: 18:00-23:00
- BTS: Ekkamai and Phra Khanong
- Address: In between Sukhumvit Soi 65 and 71. Take Soi 71 Sukhumvit, Soi Pridi 15 and follow the signposts
- Tel: +66 (0)2 714 2207
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/luccabangkok
- How to get there: ร้านตั้งอยู่ในซอย สุขุมวิท 71 (ซอย ปรีดี พนมยงค์) ใกล้ BTS พระโขนง เข้ามาในซอยประมาณ 800 เมตร จากนั้นให้เลี้ยวซ้ายที่ซอย ปรีดี พนมยงค์ 15 ท่านจะสามารถเห็นป้ายบอกทางไปยังร้าน Lucca Italian Restaurant
You May Also LikeRate This Place: ( votes)