Islero is a fantastic Spanish restaurant serving modernist haute cuisine, offering recipes straight from the kitchens of famed restaurant El Bulli. Considered a true pioneer of modernist cuisine, Chef Eduard Bosch has created a menu that will push the boundaries of what you consider food, with foams, gels and other laboratory style preparations providing new takes on traditional ingredients. The restaurant has a homely vibe with the interior dominated by pale wood.
The whole place feels very modern and just right for this area of Bangkok, popular with the executive crowd and chauffeur-driven locals. The wine list has also been taken very seriously, with a cellar of exclusively Spanish labels a large majority of them from small Bodegas which would be impossible to find elsewhere in Thailand and possibly anywhere else in Asia. Of course, exclusivity costs so don’t expect to pick up a bargain – but wine by the glass is on offer for 300 baht.
Islero Bangkok is located in Athenee Tower in Ploenchit business district. Look out for Plaza Athenee Hotel on Wireless Road, the restaurant can be accessed by walking through the hotel. Open for dinner only.
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Floating Markets Cycling & Boat Tour
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Safari World & Marine Park Full-Day Tour With Buffet Lunch
- Muay Thai Live Performance
Islero Bangkok Spanish Restaurant
- Opening Hours: 17:00-24:00
- Location: 63 Athenee Tower, Wireless Road, Ploenchit
- Tel: +66 (0)2 168 8100
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/IsleroBangkok/
More to discover in this hotel! Take a look...
Plaza Athénée Bangkok, A Royal Méridien Hotel
The lobby of the Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel looks more like Paris than Bangkok, with a magnificent chandelier and gold Art Deco staircase.On level 3 you will find a host of fine dining restaurants, including our favourites The Reflexions which specialises in French Cuisine and Smooth Curry, which serves exquisite Thai classics.On the fourth floor you can relax: the free form swimming pool has a Thai feel to it, surrounded by plenty of greenery and complete with its own pavilion to provide shade.On the same level you will find the outdoor running track and the well-equipped fitness centre. Read More...