The Iron Fairies is an excellent Thonglor bar that’s designed like an ironsmith's workshop. Think dark and broody, with wrought iron staircases, exposed pipes and dilapidated timber and brick. Bottles of fairy dust are stacked in rows, and everywhere you look, you could chance upon little iron figurines of the winged creatures that give the Gothic Victorian bar its name.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
The Iron Fairies Bar highlights
The Iron Fairies Bar’s cocktail menu has some excellent signature creations, and their beers list has a standard collection of Thai labels with some Japanese, Mexican and Dutch offerings that are fairly commonplace in Bangkok. Food-wise, the bar is famed across the city for 1 thing: burgers. The kind of giant, hulking creations that are served on a wooden chopping board, with a steak knife to hold everything in place. All burgers are served with thick wedges, and will probably keep you satisfied all night.
Owing to the enduring popularity of The Iron Fairies, tables are hard to come by – even the lone table on the 3rd floor that is only reachable via a ‘secret’ door – but if you are lucky enough to grab yourself a seat, open up the wooden boxes on each table to discover small iron fairies sitting in a pile of peanuts (the peanuts are free – the fairies are available to buy at the bar).
Good to know about The Iron Fairies Bar
With a capacity of just 55 people and no advanced bookings, The Iron Fairies operates on a first-come, first-serve basis. On weekends, it is fairly packed all night long. From 9pm onwards, a live band plays jazz and blues. Come here as a couple – it's a great place for a date – or part of a small group for after-work drinks.
It can be quite a mission to find The Iron Fairies so just remember to walk past Thonglor Soi 10 and keep looking on your right-hand side. The closest BTS station is Thong Lo but you will need a quick taxi from there.
Iron Fairies Bar Bangkok
- Opening Hours: Saturday from 9am to 2am, Sunday–Friday from 6pm to 2am
- Location: 394 Soi Sukhumvit 55, Khlong Tan Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- BTS: Thong Lo
- Tel: +66 (0)99 918 1600