The Helix Quarter, one third of EmQuartier shopping mall in Phrom Phong, presents one of Bangkok's most exciting new dining hubs. Fully opened in May 2015 - around a month after the soft opening of EmQuartier - this unique space features a huge range of restaurants spread across the top floors, with almost 50 outlets in total.
Frankly, we’ve never really seen anything like this in the city. The design is quite incredible, taking on a spiral staircase concept (you can just get the elevator to the top if you’re feeling lazy), with futuristic sweeping surfaces and 100-metre long ‘rainforest chandelier’ hanging from the ceiling. The back-to-nature theme is continued with an outside courtyard on the fifth floor, complete with trees, benches, interconnecting pools of flowing water and some excellent views of downtown Bangkok from a couple of ‘viewing platforms’.
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Floating Markets Cycling & Boat Tour
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Safari World & Marine Park Full-Day Tour With Buffet Lunch
- Muay Thai Live Performance
Aside from the stand-out architecture, the real highlight here is the enormous range of restaurants. Most of these do cater for the higher end of the market, but you are paying for the quality, as well as nice views from floor-to-ceiling windows in many of the 43 outlets.
This ‘dining extravaganza’ – as they put it – can be found between the sixth and ninth floors of the Helix Quarter; below are some of the highlights that we think you should check out.
• Kub Kao Kub Pla - cute middle of the range Thai restaurant
• Scruffy Apron - stylish European bistro from the team behind Hyde & Seek
• Fuji - favourite Japanese food chain)
• Sava Dining - Asian classic with a fashion-inspired twist
• Wine I Love You - rustic wine bar and bistro
• Luk Kai Thong - Chinese comfort food
• Crab and Claw - fresh shellfish, crabs, lobster, oysters
• Four Seasons - roasted duck, signature Chinese dim sum
• Le Dalat - classic Vietnamese
• Nara Thai Cuisine - high quality ingredients with authentic recipes
• La Monita - Mexican food with a small outside terrace
• Misya Ramen - tiny street-side style Ramen joint
• Pot Ministry - hot pot soup
• Maisen - high quality Japanese ‘katsu’
• Audrey Café des Fleurs - upscale French bakery and florist
• Tajima - stylish sushi bar
• Charme de l’Asie - Parisian-style café with a Southeast Asian menu
• Bella Rocca - smart Italian diner specializing in thin-crust pizzas
• Mugendai - upscale Japanese restaurant with rooftop terrace
• The Chop - cosy steak house
• Belon Oyster & Raw Bar - fresh seafood restaurant
The lower floors are dedicated more towards lifestyle shops and services, including Le Sens (Thailand’s first ever ‘family spa’ with treatments tailored for kids, parents and grandparents), the Lounge Hair Salon (second branch from celebrity model Metinee Kingpayome) and Another Story (designer home ware collection from across the world) (all on fourth floor).
There’s direct access to the Helix Quarter from Phrom Phong BTS Station (enter the tallest building on the left hand side. You can also get inside via the numerous walkways which connect Helix with the rest of the EmQuartier complex.
EmDistrict is also:
- Opening Hours: Mon - Thurs 10:00 - 22:00; Fri - Sun 10:00 - 23:00
- BTS: Phrom Phong
- Address: 637 Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok