Havana Social Bangkok is a cool secret bar inspired by prohibition bars commonly found in pre-revolution Cuba. Think dim lights, classic rum cocktails, exposed beams and crumbling plaster – the 1940s pre-revolution Cuba theme is painstakingly well executed. Bar staff are smartly dressed and coiffured, as are the socialite crowd who were cool enough to find their way to this hidden bar. Located on Sukhumvit Soi 11, Havana Social Bangkok is about 1 km north of the Nana BTS Skytrain Station.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
Havana Social Bangkok highlights
The reason why it’s such a secret is there is no signage or front door. Instead, there is just a mock-retro phone booth with a ‘Telefono’ sign. You’ll need to call Havana Social for the entry code. Step inside the phone booth, dial the secret code and a false door in the back of the phone booth swings open.
Just about everything at Havana Social Bangkok is suave and sophisticated. The vintage couches and carefully mismatched furniture are arranged for large groups to sit back and soak up the environment, while a line of tall stools up at the bar is good for couples or solo drinkers who want to check out the atmosphere. A smoking room is located on the 2nd floor.
The best time to check out Havana Social Bangkok is on Friday and Saturday nights when a live band plays Cuban jazz, followed by a DJ spinning up-tempo nu-disco, funk and the odd afro-Cuban tune. The cocktail menu starts from around 280 baht, with rum-based mixes taking centre stage. The bar’s classic Cuba Libre is an obvious choice, spruced up with Angostura bitters, Coca-Cola ice cubes, and a chunky kaffir lime wedge.
Havana Social Bangkok
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6pm to 2am
- Location: 1/1 Sukhumvit Rd. Soi 11, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- BTS: Nana
- Tel: +66 (0)2 8216 6111