Flow House Bangkok is an artificial wave machine and beach club in the heart of Bangkok that provides a great way for the whole family to have fun, keep fit and cool off – all while learning a new sport. Flowriding is basically an amalgamation of surfing and wakeboarding on an inflatable ramp which has a thin sheet of water pumped up and over it to simulate a perpetual breaking wave.
Experienced boarders of any variety will soon pick it up and enjoy practicing flicks and grabs, while children can jump straight into it – literally – with a body board. Staff are on hand to guide you with a rope at first, and continually offer you advice, correct your posture, and generally give encouragement.
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Floating Markets Cycling & Boat Tour
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Safari World & Marine Park Full-Day Tour With Buffet Lunch
- Muay Thai Live Performance
For 550THB (650THB after 18:00 or on weekends) you get an hour of constant surfing in groups of up to seven, which will usually include riders of mixed ability. But it’s a real easygoing affair and there’s a camaraderie built within the group with everyone clapping and cheering for each other as they manage to stay upright for the first time. Visitors at Flow House Bangkok typically range from eight to 48-years-old – although the young-at-heart would also surely jump at the chance – and there’s a fairly even split between genders.
Falling is a shock the first time but feels no more painful than losing your balance on a bouncy castle. It’s actually quite funny as the water propels fallen riders up the ramp, with or without the one-metre long board. Flowriding is an activity that elicits a lot of laughter, some great photos, and it’s seriously addictive; proven by the communal moan when they turn off the jets promptly on the hour.
Flow House Bangkok is located in A-Square community mall, opposite K-Village, on Sukhumvhit 26, near the junction with Rama 4 road. It’s easiest to take a taxi. Phrom Phong.BTS station is just over walking distance away.
Other facilities at Flow House Bangkok include a kids pool, sun-loungers, viewing deck, surf shop and a Flow Bar serving beers, cocktails and milkshakes, as well as a simple menu consisting of burgers and hotdogs for around 150THB.
Now you don’t need an ocean and favourable head winds, nor the ability to fight past breaking waves before you can experience the thrill of riding a wave. Flow House brings surfing to the city and makes the perfect day out for a family or group of friends who want to chill out while having fun.
Flow House Bangkok
- Opening Hours: 10am to 10pm (last Flowride commences at 9pm)
- Address: Flow House, A-Square, Sukhumvit Soi 26, Klong-Toey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand.
- Tel: (+66)2 108-5210
- Price Range: 550THB (650THB after 18:00 or on weekends)