Craberman Seafood Barbecue Bangkok
A Seafood Barbecue in Ploenchit0
Crabermanon Soi Mahatun (not too far from Ploenchit BTS) is a small restaurant that really contrasts with the posh surroundings, such as the many nearby fancy hotels and Central Embassy shopping mall. The restaurant has a warm and relaxed atmosphere and is as easy going as the owner; prices are also quite low - but there is a catch...
Craberman, you have to cook your own seafood on those typical clay barbecues Thai people love so much when partying among friends… It’s a buffet style, so for 499 bahtonly you can eat as much fresh seafood as you want (within an hour or so). Considering this is right in the middle of Bangkok, that price is a real bargain. At first you might feel a little shy to pick up those surprisingly delicious blue crabs, prawns, squids and scallops from the display, but once you see your neighbours grilling at the speed of light, you start feeling a little more comfortable. Anyway, if you cook too slowly or you look a little shy, the owner comes and adds half a dozen prawns to your barbecue!Read More
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Floating Markets Cycling & Boat Tour
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Safari World & Marine Park Full-Day Tour With Buffet Lunch
- Muay Thai Live Performance
Did we mention that the 499 baht price tag also gets you free-flow of Leo beer and soft drinks? (They don't have any other brands). Crabs and prawns are not huge and you might prefer a Singha… but again, think about it: all you can eat buffet with free flow of beer! Additionally, the crabs were surprisingly better than those big ones served in some expensive seafood restaurants.
They also has some good looking lobsters, but these are not part of the buffet... they come at 399
bahtper lobster and are big for this price. They do have a selection of other cooked dishes your can order, such as the very local and spicy ’Gaeng Som’ so popular in south Thailand. Crabermanon Soi Mahatun is a great place for a dinner when you enjoy doing the cooking, and for those who are really hungry for a lot of seafood at great price: it's fun and doesn’t cost much!
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 11 am - 2 pm, 5pm - 11pm
- BTS: Ploenchit
- Address: 888/14 Mahathun Plaza Building, Ploenchit
- Tel: 09 242 09999 - 081 582 9994
- Cuisine: Seafood Barbecue
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Craberman-Authentic-Seafood-Experience/512570682179453