Chi Ultralounge Bangkok
The New Bed Supperclub on Sukhumvit Soi 130
Chi Ultralounge is a brand new nightclub, lounge and Asian fusion restaurant that may seem strangely familiar to some of you, and that’s because it is actually Bed Supperclub nightclub, which was taken apart piece by piece and moved one street to Sukhumvit Soi 13 before being reassembled and painted an eyecatching sterling silver.Read More
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show
- Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World with Private Roundtrip Transportation
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Dream World Excursion with Roundtrip Transfer
Shunning the iconic white on white design of its former self, there is a sense of a ‘phoenix from the flames’ for this nightlife institution, which really did pioneer the dance music scene in Bangkok. You can’t help but compare the old and new incarnations, yet Chi is being incredibly inventive with the interior design to give guests a completely immersive – and original – experience. There is a strong Asian theme running throughout the club, and many interesting surprises to discover: the lounge is designed in the form of a dragon, 3D projections form images on the walls and ceiling and the DJ booth is held in the arms of Buddha.
The dimensions are still the same, with the long elliptical structure looking more like a spaceship than anything else. There are two separate areas with a lounge in the front end of the ‘spaceship’ and a nightclub in the back with an excellent sound system. The club plays strictly house music, all quite true to the current scene in the US and Europe, while in the lounge it’s all more laid back with lounge house keeping people swaying yet still able to talk. There are plans for a garden bar too, with far-Eastern ‘Zen’ aesthetics, although at present this is still in the planning stages.
Only time will tell if Chi Ultralounge can recreate the decade of success enjoyed by the old Bed Supperclub, but we think the change of focus is an excellent idea and love the inventiveness to take such an iconic Bangkok structure and moving it round the corner to become something fresh and new.
Chi Ultralounge Bangkok
- Opening Hours: 20:00 – 02:00
- Location: Sukhumvit Soi 13
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/ChiUltralounge/
You May Also LikeRate This Place: ( votes)