The ultra-exclusive and truly gorgeous Chakrabongse Villas is perched over the Chao Phraya River, set in a traditional Thai pavilion floating on its own private dock. Although you can get in the back door, the best way to come – especially if you’ve got a date – is by booking their private speed boat in advance; this takes you from the popular Central Sathorn Pier in front of Saphan Taksin BTS Station all the way to the impressive waterside entrance (for an extra charge of 1,500 baht).
Offering a range of set menus only (including vegetarian and raw food options), with no a la carte, dinner at Chakrabongse Villa costs just over 1,000 baht. The menu here changes daily, but you can expect a lineup of all the Thai classics including tom yam kung, roasted duck with tamarind source, massaman curry and deep fried sea bass with spicy dressing. Arrive just before sunset for the most dramatic views stretching over the water to Wat Arun (the Temple of Dawn) and take time to explore the beautiful villa grounds that surround the restaurant before or after your meal.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
Chakrabongse Villas Restaurant
- Opening Hours: From 17:00 (closed Monday)
- Location: Chakrabongse Dining 396 Maharaj Road, Tatien, Bangkok
- Tel: +66(0)89 810 0498; +66(0)80 045 7778
More to discover in this hotel! Take a look...
Chakrabongse Villas offers a great location, putting you within a 15-minute walk of Wat Pho and Grand Palace.Guests can splash around at the outdoor pool or grab a bite to eat at the restaurant.Free bike rentals and a garden are other highlights, and rooms at this luxurious guest house offer up nice touches like bathrobes and slippers. Read More...