Central Plaza Ladprao mall is one of Thailand’s most popular malls. It is situated next to Phahon Yothin MRT and directly connected to the Centara Grand Hotel. Whilst not worth making a trip out of town to visit it’s handy if you are also planning a trip to Chatuchak market and Union Mall. Open from 10:00 till 22:00 there are around 300 stores and 90 restaurants to explore and a 3000 seat, nine screen cinema to catch the latest blockbusters in.
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Floating Markets Cycling & Boat Tour
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Safari World & Marine Park Full-Day Tour With Buffet Lunch
- Muay Thai Live Performance
The mall is on the corner of Pahon Yothin Road and Vipavedee Road in the Chatuchak suburb of Bangkok. The easiest way to get to Central Plaza Ladprao is via MRT. Phahon Yothin station is a five minute walk across a skywalk and connects to the BTS one stop away at Chatuchak Park, where the famous weekend market is.
Although the exterior of the mall looks very much like a large grey box, inside is extremely light and airy. The renovations in 2011 gave a more welcoming feel to the building and even at its busiest the wide walkways ensure you don’t feel cramped. At the centre of the mall is a hypnotic wall feature where large discs twist round, their colour changing from black to white.
Set over seven floors Central Department Store offers one stop shopping for clothing, beauty, shoes and accessories. The rest of the mall doesn’t disappoint in terms of variety, but it doesn’t have any brands that aren’t available in central Bangkok. It includes well known international brands including Muji, Zara, Nine West, Topshop, Forever XXI, Addidas and Uniqlo. Thai clothing shops such as Greyhound, Jaspal and Lyn Around also have stores here.
There is also a section dedicated to electronics, including handful of specialised IT and camera shops. Outside the mall is a small market space selling mostly clothes and accessories.
- Opening Hours: Saturday and Sunday - 10 am to 5 pm
- Address: Khlong Pho Land, 170/17 Moo 7, Soi 2, Khlong Pho Rd., Sala Thammasop, Thung Kru, Bangkok 10170
- Price Range: 40 Baht
The dining section of the mall follows the similar mould to the others in Bangkok, but there is enough selection to suit any taste. All the popular restaurants are covered, from Pizza Hut, Starbucks and Krispy Kreme to Fuji Japanese restaurant, Secret Garden and MK Restaurant.
The mall is perfect if you are in the area and looking for a quick bite to eat or want a more relaxing and air conditioned shopping experience after a morning at Chatuchak market.
Central Plaza Ladprao Mall
- Opening Hours: 10:00 till 22:00
- Location: Five minutes across the skywalk from Phahon Yothin MRT station
- MRT: Phahon Yothin