Cafe Claire at Oriental Residence Bangkok
Great Dining on Wireless Road0
Cafe Claire at the Oriental Residence is a discreet but impressive restaurant on Wireless Road, just next to the US Embassy in Chidlom area. Until recently this beautiful leafy street of Bangkok was not known for having any high end restaurants so the arrival of Cafe Claire was a much needed addition. The Oriental Residence, although not related to the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, is a name synonymous to luxury, great service and high quality dining, so with a lot of curiosity we decided to give it a try.
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show
- Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World with Private Roundtrip Transportation
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Dream World Excursion with Roundtrip Transfer
When you arrive at the Oriental Residence, two superb and massive hotel Jaguar limousines parked in front of the lobby set the tone of the place and you might start wondering how big the bill for dinner will be. The restaurant is quite vast with a definite 'French cafe' atmosphere: lots of white wood and large windows. A reasonable amount of tables are well distributed so it doesn't feel cramped nor too quiet. From the moment you are greeted, you can't help but noticing the very high level of service that continues throughout the meal. Not a well rehearsed set of polite sentences but a genuine interest in the guest's wellbeing.
The menu appears surprisingly short and even when this has never been a criteria of quality, you might be a bit worried at first... but don't be! The short but well balanced menu works great. Four of us found just the right entrees and main dishes without hesitation, certainly faster than labouring through long menu with pages and pages to assimilate.
We had 12 imported oysters (1,150 baht), a delightfully crispy crab cake (280 baht), a perfectly cooked entrecôte (950 Baht), roasted lamb (1,150 baht) and some Chiang Mai Noodles or 'Kao Soi' (370 baht). For desserts, a crepe Suzette (260 baht) with a molten lava cake (260 baht) and some Movenpick ice cream (140 baht).
Every single dish was delicious, cooked perfectly with ingredients selected with care, and they all came promptly and presented with sophistication. To smoothly wrap the dinner in a perfect experience, the service was unobtrusive but attentive, always friendly yet discreet. With a casual design, the right price for this level of ingredients and such excellent service, it's no wonder why Cafe Claire is already a successful restaurant and makes it onto our list of Best Restaurants in Bangkok.
- Opening Hours: Breakfast: 06:00 to 10:30 - Lunch: 11:30 to 14:30 - High Tea: -14:30 to 17:00 - Dinner: 18:00 to 23:00
- Location: 110 Wireless Road (just next to US Embassy), Lumpini, Patumwan Bangkok 10330
- Remarks: Reservation recommended, especially for Saturdays and Sundays
You May Also Like