This list of the 5 best vineyards and wineries in Thailand will surely please all wine lovers around the world. Even though wine is not historically a part of Thai culture, the kingdom has been a pioneer in the production of grapes for wine-making in a tropical climate since the early ‘90s. The main regions of Thailand that house vineyards and wineries are located in the north of the country – in Phichit Province and in Khao Yai. The southernmost area in Thailand that produces grapes for wine-making being near Hua Hin in Prachuap Khiri Khan Province. Wines of Thailand have been labelled ‘new latitude’ wines.
The quality of Thai wines has significantly improved in the recent years. The production of wines is really a difficult task due the many variables and operations necessary before reaching the final product. Many vineyards and wineries in Thailand hired specialists and technicians from the most famous wine-producing countries. Thailand may not yet be among the great wine nations, but it nevertheless offers some more-than-decent labels, both white and red. As wine culture is growing in the country, a new type of tourism is available for wine lovers as some vineyards and wineries of Thailand offer visits and accommodation choices to let you discover their products in comfort.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
Located in Asoke Valley, Khao Yai, some 160 km northeast of Bangkok, GranMonte (‘Big Mountain’ in Italian) is an estate that covers 16 hectares. Producing wine and table grapes, it grows Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chenin Blanc and many other lesser-known varieties of grape. Guided tours with wine tasting at Montino Cellar Door, the estate’s store and even a comfortable guesthouse are available, so you can visit both the vineyard and winery. Their most renowned wine labels are the Heritage Syrah (red) and Spring Chenin Blanc (white), which have won several international awards since 2010.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 18:00
- Address: 52 Moo 9 Phayayen, Pakchong, Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand 30320
- Tel: +66 (0)86 133 6000, +66 (0)81 622 6662
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/granmonte
Village Farm & Winery is a family-run vineyard and winery that occupies a 13-hectare domain. Besides its grapes and wines production, the estate houses a restaurant, a hotel and a spa. Many activities, from wine classes to guided tours, are available at the Village Farm & Winery. The area in which the vineyard is settled features ancient volcanic soils similar to the Lombardy and Burgundy regions in Italy. The two main varieties of grapes cultivated here are Shiraz from the Jordan Valley in Israel and Cabernet Sauvignon from Australia. Using traditional French winery techniques, the most famous of their wine labels is the Château des Brumes, a wine blending the two aforementioned varieties of grape, available in over 10 kinds, such as Château des Brumes La Fleur and Château des Brumes Le Prestige. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 18:00
- Address: 103 Moo 7, Thaisamakkee, Wang Nam Khiao, Korat, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)81 877 3711
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/VillageFarm/
Monsoon Valley operates three vineyards, the largest of them known as Hua Hin Hills Vineyard. The other two are located in the north of Thailand, in Tab Kwang and Chiang Mai. Situated at the foot of the mountains that separate Thailand from Myanmar, some 30 km from the shore of the Gulf of Thailand, Hua Hin Hills Vineyard covers a total area of 110 hectares. From the vineyard tour to wine tasting, and from mountain biking to bottle painting, many activities are available at Hua Hin Hills Vineyard. The most prestigious wines produced by Monsoon Valley are the sparkling Brut Blanc de Blanc, Cuvée de Siam (red and white), Chenin Blanc (white) and the Muscat. All these wines are regularly rewarded at international contests, such as the AWC Vienna International Wine Challenge.
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 18:30
- Address: 1 Moo 9, Baan Khork Chang Patana, Nong Pulp, Hua Hin, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Thailand, Hua Hin 77110
- Tel: +66 (0)81 701 0222, +66 (0)81 701 0444
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/siamwinerytp
Established in 1989, PB Valley Khao Yai Winery was the first vineyard and winery to open in Thailand. It is located a two-hour drive northeast of Bangkok, on the edge of Khao Yai National Park. Covering an area of 400 hectares, it is also one of the largest vineyards in the country. From Chenin Blanc to Cabernet Sauvignon to Shiraz to Pinot Noir, and more, an excellent choice of grape varieties is cultivated at PB Valley. Vineyard and winery guided tours (including wine sampling) are available. The domain also features a restaurant and a store. Since 2006, PB Valley wines have won a fair number of international awards from AWC Vienna, Decanter Magazine UK, APEC Australia and the Thai Wine Challenge.
- Opening Hours: 08:30 – 20:00
- Address: 102/2 Moo 5, Mittraphap Road, Payayen, Pak Chong, Korat, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)81 733 8783
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/PBValley.Khaoyai/
Founded in 2002, Silverlake Vineyard is located a few kilometres southeast of Pattaya City. Producing table and wine grape varieties on a 194-hectares estate, Silverlake is also a pleasant place at which you can spend a few days at their Movie House B&B, visit the vineyard and winery, indulge yourself at their excellent restaurant and purchase a wide range of their products at the Villagio. The site is also right next to the impressive Buddha Mountain, with the Ramayana Water Park nearby. The varieties of grape cultivated for wine-making include Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon for red labels, and Chenin Blanc for white labels. These wines are somewhat exotic yet, extremely fruity and aromatic.
- Opening Hours: weekdays 09:30 – 18:00; weekends 08:30 – 19:00
- Address: 31/62 Moo 7, Na Jomtien, Pattaya, Chonburi 20250, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)89 895 9886
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/silverlakethai/