Hitting a pool party in Bangkok is a great way to cool down in what is the hottest city on the planet, all while swimming, drinking and dancing alongside some of Thailand’s prettiest people. Plus, let’s face it, there’s only so many times you can escape to the air-conditioned haven of a shopping mall, or hide yourself away in the ice-cold temperatures of a cinema before you start to get a little bit bored.
From all-day parties at funky outdoor pools to the widely anticipated monthly events held in luxurious surroundings, here is your guide to the best pool parties in Bangkok.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
SO Pool Party at SO Sofitel Bangkok
The once-a-month SO Pool Party, set on the glamorous 10th floor of the designer SO Sofitel Bangkok, is widely regarded as the best pool party in Bangkok. Running for 8 hours every last Saturday of the month, this playground for Bangkok’s most beautiful people (or, at least, those that think they are) welcomes a mostly young expat crowd, as well as a few groups of Thais and in-the-know tourists that want to get in on the fun.
What really helps Sofitel’s pool party stand out from the rest of the competition is the location. The open-air pool and deck both overlook the vast green expanse of Lumpini Park, with the stunning views drawing comparisons to Central Park in New York. As the sun sets, more of a club-vibe emerges, with people dancing to the house music soundtrack around a makeshift dance floor by the pool. There are also underwater speakers so you can listen to the pumping bass as you swim.
- Opening Hours: Every last Saturday of the month from 1pm to 9pm
- Location: 10th floor, SO Sofitel Bangkok, 2 N Sathon Rd, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 624 0000
- Price Range: 600 baht (1 free drink)
amBar Pool Party
amBar’s monthly dose of pool party fun welcomes a decent lineup of DJs alongside some tempting afternoon drinks promos and cheap poolside snacks to soak up all the booze. Set on the rooftop of Four Points by Sheraton on Sukhumvit 15, this may not be the tallest spot in the city, but the towering central Bangkok skyline makes for a cosy setting, and the small but pretty pool is framed by a glowing red arch that becomes all the more impressive as the sun goes down.
While the pool party is only once a month, amBar is open all day every day, and many of the items from their lengthy food and drinks menu are carried over to their pool parties for party-goers to sample. Check their Facebook page for the date of the next event.
- Opening Hours: One Saturday per month from 2pm to 8pm
- Location: Four Points by Sheraton Bangkok, Sukhumvit 15, Khlong Toei Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 309 3000
- Price Range: 300 baht (1 free drink)
DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit
The rooftop at Sukhumvit’s DoubleTree by Hilton provides another popular spot for pool parties in the city centre, with events here being staged on and off once or twice a month on the weekends. Expect feel-good tunes, cheap drinks and slightly more of a touristy crowd compared to some many of the other popular pool parties in Bangkok.
The ever-changing schedule of events at DoubleTree is difficult to keep track of, but you can easily check their Facebook page to see when their next party is. Previous events have seen the party being completely taken over by the likes of the drum n bass event organisers Phatfunk as well as popular party outfit Soundset Sundays. The action takes place in and around their 7th-floor pool and swanky Mosiac Bar.
- Location: Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Sukhumvit Bangkok, 18/1 Sukhumvit Soi 26, Khlong Tan, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Price Range: 400 baht (1 free drink)