10 Great Muay Thai Gyms in Bangkok
Where to Learn Muay Thai Kickboxing in Bangkok
Bangkok is the best place to learn Muay Thai kickboxing in the world. The best fighters, the most experienced trainers and the most intense camps can be found here. It’s true that learning down in Phuket or Samui has the advantages of beaches and nature, but if you are set on getting the best coaching then Bangkok is the place to be.
Some people want to learn Muay Thai in Bangkok to gain fitness, others come here with years of fighting experience and are looking to hone their kicking and grappling skills. The so-called ‘Art of Eight Limbs’ is brutal but extremely rewarding – not to mention it’s just about the best cardio exercise you can do for trimming down and getting in shape.
There are so many Muay Thai fight camps in Bangkok, it can be difficult to find the right one for you so we have complied 10 of the best gyms in the city so you can do just that.Read More
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Floating Markets Cycling & Boat Tour
- Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Visit
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Safari World & Marine Park Full-Day Tour With Buffet Lunch
- Muay Thai Live Performance
1Luktupfah Muay Thai Camp On Nut (Lower Sukhumvit)0
This one is quite far from Bangkok city centre so getting there can be a little inconvenient but this has the added benefit of keeping temptation at arm’s length so you can focus on training. The trainers and staff are among the friendliest in the Bangkok and with many live-in students the vibe is communal and fun. In the past, Luktupfah have welcomed Lebanese Special Forces, the Vietnamese National Boxing Team, and many other government sponsored groups. Several of the trainers have been national Muay Thai champions and basic English is spoken widely. Read More...
2Sor Vorapin Gym Khao San0
- Opening Hours: Training Sessions: Morning from 08:00 Afternoon from 16:00
- Location: 5, On Nut Soi 65, Yaek 8, Bangkok (the small road leading to Luktupfah is unpaved)
- Tel: 081-3024622
- Price Range: one daily session 400 baht, two daily sessions 600 baht, discounts available for weekly or monthly stays.
The backpacking area in and around Khao San Road has several Muay Thai gyms, but Sor Vorapin is our favourite. Tucked away down a small soi, it’s a homely place and some of the equipment has seen better days, but the spirit is so authentic and really finds favour with the backpacking crowd. Find Sor Vorapin Gym located next to the large temple complex at the end of Khao San Road in the Old City area of Bangkok. If you try it and want to take a longer, intensive course, Sor Vorapin Gym has a training camp on the opposite side of the Chao Phraya River in Thonburi.
3Jitti Gym Ratchada0
- Location: 13 Trok Kasap, Jakapong Rd, Bangkok
- Tel: +66 (0) 81-625-9651
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/sorvorapinmuaythaigym.gym/
Jitti Gym used to be located in the Khao San Road area of Bangkok until it relocated to larger premises on Ratchada Road several years ago. Sessions are scheduled for morning and afternoon (07:00-09:00 and 15:00-18:00). Many expats and long-term visitors choose Jitti thanks to its location in a residential area of the city and excellent track record of training champion kickboxers. The gym is in front of Ratchadaphisek MRT Underground Station. Come out of the station and you will hear the slap of skin on leather. Single sessions start from 500 baht.
4Banchamek Gym Kaset-Nawamin (Bangkok Suburbs)0
- Location: 12, Rachada Road Soi 19.
- Tel: +66 (0)92 395 0277
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/JittiGym
Banchamek Gym is certainly one of the best places to learn Muay Thai in Bangkok and is the home gym of Thailand’s most famous fighter, Buakaw. The multi-times world champion Muay Thai and K1 fighter is the poster child of the gym, but there are many other very high level athletes training at the gym and as such it attracts people who want intense Muay Thai camps to prepare for a real match. The trainers here have had illustrious careers so you know the training is high level. Banchamek also has a camp up in the Issan province of Surin, which offers a more isolated setting to train.
5Meenayothin Muay Thai Gym Pahon Yothin (North Bangkok)0
- Location: Phokaew 3/19 Road, Kaset Nawamin
- Tel: +66 (0) 96 627 5499
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/BanchamekGym/
Meenayothin Gym is famed in Bangkok as it has several prominent Thai champions training and living at the gym. Located inside the grounds of Kasetsart University, this camp is in the far north of Bangkok, out near Don Mueang Domestic Airport. The large space allows for plenty of kickbags and a sparring ring but the real reason to come here is the high level coaching you will receive from English-speaking coach, Yod, and his team of professionals, one of whom coached the Thailand Olympic western boxing team. Meenayothin is not the cleanest place in the world and the hygiene could be better all round, but there’s no doubting the quality of the camp.
6Fighting Spirit Gym Silom0
- Opening Hours: Morning 6:30-9:00, Afternoon 15:00-19:00 daily
- Location: Kasetsart University, Pahon Yothin soi 45
- Tel: +66 (0) 99 883 3257
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/meenayothinmuaythaigym.contact
- Price Range: One session 500 baht; Stay on camp for 1,500 baht per day
One of the best equipped gyms in Bangkok and run by Australian-native and ex-professional fighter Dan Lyons, Fighting Spirit Gym is located in Silom, walking distance from Chong Nonsi BTS Skytrain Station. Popular with short and long term guests, Fighting Spirit has a full gym, sparring ring, and a sports equipment shop on premises. As well as Muay Thai, this is one of the best places to learn Brazilian ju-jitsu in Bangkok, a martial art currently very popular thanks to its central role in Mixed Martial Arts fighting. Sessions start from 300 baht.
7The Fight Lab Prakanong (Lower Sukhumvit)0
- Location: 527/1 Silom Road (between sois 9 and 11)
- Tel: +66 (0)8 5966 7898
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/FSGBangkok
- Price Range: Great value gym for those looking for longer courses, with prices starting from 5,000 per month (one session daily) or 7,000 (two sessions daily).
The Fight Lab is a multi-disciplinary martial arts gym close to Prakanong BTS Skytrain Station. With a boxing ring and a MMA cage, they train Muay Thai, boxing, Brazilian ju-jitsu and wrestling. Trainers are of varied nationalities and are highly specialised in their particular martial art. Sessions focus on a lot of ring time for attaining correct technique. Children’s group sessions are available.
8Chuwattana Muay Thai Gym Chinatown0
- Opening Hours: 08:00-21:00
- Location: 36/2 Soi Sukhumvit 69, Prakanong
- Tel: (+66)23911754
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/BangkokFightLab/
If you want to experience a genuine kickboxing gym in Bangkok that is used by professional fighters then Chuwattana is an excellent choice. Tucked away down a small alley in Chinatown, facilities here are basic but the training is pure. Language could be a problem if you don’t speak any Thai at all. A few simple sentences is enough to get by though, and the fighters are very friendly and good natured. Find Chuwattana Muay Thai Gym on a back soi behind Central Hospital and Mahachak Road.
9Legend Thai Boxing Silom0
- Location: 258/5-6 Mahajak Road, Chinatown
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chuwattana-Muay-Thai-Gym/152488104818774
- Price Range: 1,000 baht a day for accommodation, two sessions of training and food (500 baht without accommodation).
Legend Thai Boxing is a fancy new Muay Thai kickboxing gym in Bangkok with sessions designed for those interested in learning about the sport and staying in shape rather than getting ready for a serious fight in the ring. Gym sessions are fun but you will no doubt be left sweating and panting for breath after being put through your paces by the experienced Thai instructors.
10RSM Academy Sukhumvit0
- Opening Hours: 09:00-22:00
- Location: 66 North Sathorn Road Soi 6, Bang Rak
- Tel: +66 (0)2 632 1881
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/legendthaiboxing/
One of the new breed of Bangkok Muay Thai gyms, RSM Academy caters to middle-class professionals looking to keep fit and is perfect for beginners who want step-by-step instructions on stretching, warming up and basic technique. The crowd here is very mixed to with Thais and foreigners, males and females, experienced Muay Thai fighters and novices. Located in Thonglor Soi 13 on the top floor of the SeenSpace Lifestyle mall.
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Location: 3rd floor SeenSpace, Thonglor Soi 13, Sukhumvit
- Tel: +66 (0) 2185 2384
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/RsmAcademy/
- Price Range: Day passes from 550 baht and 5 sessions of training from 2,650 baht.
You May Also Like