The best dim sum in Bangkok have been chosen from the best of the high-end Chinese restaurants in the city. Served around lunchtime, these bite sized delicacies come in a whole range of flavours, combining seafood, meat and vegetables, often wrapped in a thin dumpling and freshly steamed to order. Dim sum is obviously a Chinese cuisine, but the cultural connections between Thailand and its northern neighbour ensure that the longstanding tradition of a weekend dim sum lunch with all the family is still very popular here. Usually, you will need to book on weekends for any of Bangkok’s best dim sum restaurants listed below.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
A refined atmosphere and delectable Cantonese cuisine are the hallmarks of Mei Jiang Restaurant on the ground floor of The Peninsula. Like everything else connected to this hotel, the restaurant is held in the upmost regard for their delectable dim sum, premium quality main dishes, time-honoured service and immaculate dining room. Looking out over a garden and the majestic Chao Phraya River through the full-length windows, Mei Jiang Restaurant delights all the senses to create an extra special dining experience. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 12:00 - 14:30, 18:30 - 22:30
- Address: The Peninsula Bangkok, 333 Charoennakorn Road, Klongsan Bangkok
- Tel: +66 (0) 861 2888
Stepping through the doors at Summer Palace Chinese restaurant transports you to another world. Decked out in rich reds and dark polished wood, it’s chic but traditional, and reflects the care put into creating an experience that goes beyond excellent food. Serving traditional and modern Cantonese cuisine, the restaurant is popular with discerning Chinese families in Bangkok, a sure sign that the dishes on offer are of high quality. Located on the mezzanine floor of the Intercontinental Hotel near Chit Lom BTS, it comes as a surprise after the sleek marble look of the lobby. The restaurant is open daily for lunch (11:30 –14:30) and dinner (18:00 – 22:30). Their dim sum lunch deal is worth checking out, all you can eat, every week day at only 688 baht++. Read More...
- Location: Summer Palace Mezzanine level, InterContinental Bangkok, 973 Pleonchit Rd.
- Tel: 02-656-0360
Chef Man Bangkok takes pride in its selection of authentic Cantonese cuisine. Whether you are in search of the city’s best dim sum or some mouthwatering Peking duck, this is undoubtedly one of the most popular Chinese restaurants in Bangkok. Chef Man is located on the third floor of the Eastin Grand Hotel on South Sathorn Road, just a few minutes away from the Surasak BTS Skytrain Station. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:00-14:30, 18:00-22:00 (daily)
- Address: 33/1 South Sathorn Road, Yannawa, Sathorn
- Tel: +66 (0)2 212 3789
Evergarden at the Evergreen Laurel Hotel is known in Bangkok for being one of the premium restaurants to go to for those looking for some authentic and delicious Chinese cuisine. The décor is a little old fashioned, but it ties in well with the mostly Thai-Chinese families who have been dining at Evergreen Hotel in Sathorn for decades. This is testament to the authentic Chinese cuisine served here. The restaurant is most famous for its group set menus (8 to 12 people) which range from 8,500 THB per table up to 23,000 baht per table, as well as for its delicious selection of dim sum dishes. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11.00- 14.30 lunch; 18.00- 21.30 dinner
- Location: Evergreen Laurel Hotel Bangkok Hotel, 88 North Sathorn Road
- Tel: +66 2 266 9988
Fei Ya at the Renaissance Bangkok Hotel has made a name for itself over the years as the place to come if you want to try some authentic Chinese cuisine in an opulent setting. The richly appointed dining room of dark wood and marble has a line of family tables with Lazy Susans for sharing food, as well as smaller tables suitable for couples. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 11:30 - 22:30 daily
- Address: 518/8, Ploenchit Road, Chit Lom
- Tel: +66 (0)2 125 5000