Baan Puen Bar is a friendly bar in Bangkok with live local music serving homemade food in a down-to-earth rooftop setting. Located on the third floor rooftop of the hip Ekamai Shopping Mall, Baan Puen Bar actually translates from Thai as “friend's house” in English and it doesn't disappoint. One of the best live music bars in Sukhumvit, the bar often features live indie music at its rooftop setting and affordable drinks to match the alternative scene.
The quirky bar offers unusual furnishings, including a bunk bed, beanbags and a semi-industrial décor to help you relax and unwind in this inviting and chilled out space. A glass of Singha costs 115 Baht, while a jug is 285 Baht and a tower 690 Baht. You can also opt for their signature cocktails buckets, usually around 390 Baht or purchase a bottle of Chivas or even Jack Daniels for the night (around 1,700 Baht).
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Floating Markets Cycling & Boat Tour
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Safari World & Marine Park Full-Day Tour With Buffet Lunch
- Muay Thai Live Performance
The food at Baan Puen is simple and made-to-order with deep fried spicy laab at 130 baht and deep-fried cheese at 150 baht popular menu choices. The bar is known for its live music, which includes Thai hits and international covers usually performed acoustically, as well as lots of original bands and jam sessions from local Thai labels.
Ekkamai BTS Skytrain Station is around a 10 minute walk away or a two minute motorbike taxi from Baan Puen Bar.
- Opening Hours: Daily: 18:00 – 01:30
- Location: Baan Puen, 3/F, Ekamai Mall, Ekkamai Soi 10, Bangkok, 10110 Thailand
- Tel: +66 86 659 1596