AWAY Spa at W Hotel Bangkok
One of the best luxury spas in Bangkok0
Away Spa at W Hotel Bangkok sets itself aside from the rest of the city’s luxurious spa and massage centres with its unique ‘metamorphosis’ themed zones, and has some incredibly skilled masseuses who can transform even the most stressed out city-worker into a chilled-out hippie after an hour or two in the treatment room.
Heralded as one of the best spas in Bangkok, we recently took a trip to Away Spa at the luxurious W Hotel to see what all the fuss is about, and we weren’t left disappointed.
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show
- Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World with Private Roundtrip Transportation
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Dream World Excursion with Roundtrip Transfer
The pampering and attention starts from the very moment you enter the ‘Welcome’ area on the sixth floor of W Bangkok hotel. Along with a detox drink, a consultant asks you all the important questions such as how firm you like the massage (the scale is soft medium or hard), whether you have any trouble spots that need special attention and whether you have any painful areas that should be avoided. Being no stranger to strong Thai-massage, I (bravely) opted for the highest level of pressure, which in the end turned out to be the perfect balance between pain and muscle-tension relief. As they say, no pain no gain. All therapists at W have been trained by world renowned ESPA group from England, who have helped fine-tune some of the most luxurious spas around the world.
The decor of the main treatment rooms (‘Delight’ zones) at Away Spa, just like the rest of W Bangkok Hotel, is simply stunning. In the VIP rooms you can select your preferred colour of mood lighting, whilst the ceiling’s twinkling stars and trippy-chilled out sound track all help to lull you into a sedated state of half-consciousness after about 15 minutes. They also have single and double rooms which are a little smaller but a little cheaper too.
My two-hour session was comprised of a 60 minute massage and 60 minute facial (3,990 baht). Afterwards, you have access to the ‘Detox’ zone, which includes separate male and female saunas, steam rooms and Jacuzzis, as well as a unisex Hamman (Turkish bath). After 120 minutes of being pampered from head to toe, you almost don’t feel like heading back outside into the big bad world, and so Away Spa has a much needed ‘Refuel’ area to prep you for departure, including showers, changing rooms and complimentary energizing snacks and drinks.
Here are the current packages and prices for AWAY Spa at W Bangkok Hotel (as of January 2015):
1. 120-MINUTE THE NEW YOU 3,990++/PERSON Delight in a full body time out and fly away with a complete new you.
#30 minute body scrub
#30 minute body wrap
#30 minute body lotion massage
#30 minute Away mini facial
2. 90-MINUTE HEAD TO TOE THB 2,500++/PERSON A total relaxation experience with 30-Minute Head Massage, 30-Minute Back & Shoulder Massage and 30-Minute Foot Massage
3. 60-MINUTE CHINESE RECHARGE THB 3,500++/PERSON Recharge yourself to celebrate this Chinese New Year 2015 with a hot stone compress targeting major stress and tension areas on the back, neck and shoulders.
SPECIAL FEBRUARY : V-DAY AWAY FOR COUPLE (Valentine’s Season) THB 5,990++/Couple - 60 Minute Urban Slumber Massage, 30-Minute VIP Milk Bath.
AWAY Spa at W Hotel Bangkok
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 22:00 Daily
- Address: North Sathorn Road, Silom, 106, Bangkok 10500
- Tel: +66 (0)2 344 4000
See the Rates for W Bangkok Hotel
You May Also Like