80/20 Restaurant Bangkok prides itself in using approximately 80% of local produce and it is from this concept that it derives its name. Though most of the ingredients, everything from fresh produce to IPA beers are sourced locally, the restaurant does not serve what could be called traditional Thai food. The menu here is a modern fusion of Thai and western influences.
The restaurant is located in the increasingly trendy Talad Noi area of Charoen Krung. The decor reflects the areas arty identity in with its rustic charm that blends with the industrial. This Old Town Bangkok location makes for an interesting trip away from the more modern and dining areas of Sathorn and Sukhumwit with their throngs of expats and tourists. The restaurant shares its large warehouse premise with an ever-popular hostel.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
Enjoy modern Thai cuisine at 80/20 Restaurant
Though food portions at 80/20 Restaurant Bangkok are modest, prices are cheap enough that you could easily justify ordering several dishes to share. The characterful Old Town location comes at a cost however, as it is not well-served by public transportation, being a not-so-convenient distance from the city’s MRT and BTS lines. Given Bangkok’s notorious traffic problems, and depending on your starting point, it may be best to take a taxi from the nearest train stations, which are Hualomphong if arriving by MRT or Surasak if coming by BTS.
80/20 Restaurant Bangkok
- Opening Hours: Lunch 10:00 - 14:00, Dinner 18:00 - Midnight (daily)
- Address: 1052-1054 Charoen Krung Rd., Bangrak, Bangkok
- Tel: +66 (0)87 593 1936