The best sports bars in Bangkok are the places we normally head to when a big match or competition is showing. Plenty of TVs and comfortable viewing spots are a given, with the added benefits of a lively atmosphere, tasty pub grub and convenient downtown locations.
Most sports bars are located along Sukhumvit Road, close to the foreigner enclaves stretching from Nana to Phrom Phong. But there are also popular pubs in and around Silom, so it's fairly easy to find a bar to watch the big match close by when you're in the middle of the city.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
The SportsmanSukhumvit - Nana
The Sportsman's name alone makes it very clear what to expect here. This huge bar is home to all sports with all popular matches, races and bouts from Europe and America. It’s a massive bar, with tall stools next to the bar and tables and chairs towards the back. Thanks to 8 huge HD projectors and a further 26 TVs, there's a clear view of the action from pretty much every seat in the house. An early opening time of 7am means you can catch all the American sports here (they even rerun NFL in the evenings for anyone who doesn’t want to wake up early).
A huge food menu encompasses western and Thai dishes, with most items in the region of 150-500 baht. Draft beers include popular domestic lagers, Magners cider and Kilkenny cream ale. The Sportsman also has 9 full-size Brunswick American pool tables, foosball, dartboards.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 7am to 2am
- Location: 10/22 Soi Sukhumvit 13, Khlong Toei Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 168 7241
The Clubhouse Sports Bar & GrillSukhumvit - Asok
The Clubhouse is well known for the amazing range of sports they show, particularly with golfers and fight fans. Of course, all the English Premier League, rugby and cricket games are shown, too. A large terrace at The Clubhouse makes it a top draw for smokers, as you won’t have to miss any of the sporting action by rushing outside.
A menu of typical western pub meals is available with dishes starting from around the 300 baht mark. On the second floor, there's a pool table and a more secluded area for private parties. The Clubhouse Sports Bar is easy to find on Sukhumvit Soi 23, around 50 metres past the turning for Soi Cowboy.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 8.30am to 1am
- Location: 21/1-3 Soi Sukhumvit 23, Khlong Toei Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 664 1376
Tenderloins Sports Bar and SteakhouseSukhumvit - Phrom Phong
Tenderloins is a bit more upmarket than other sports bars in Bangkok, with a menu of steaks from the grill to complement the sporting action. Definitely blurring the line between restaurant and bar, this is a well-known spot for Aussie sports fans, particularly those looking to enjoy the big rugby and racing meets throughout the year in familiar company. There's a central projector and 13 flat-screen TVs, so you can get a view of the action from most angles. Tenderloins has a nice family environment and a children’s menu.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from 10am to 1am, Saturday–Sunday from 9am to 1am
- Location: 22 Sukhumvit Soi 33, Khlong Tan Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 258 4529
HootersSukhumvit - Nana
Hooters is one of the most popular bar franchises in the world and has been a growing presence in Thailand since it opened its first branch in Phuket in 2014. This Bangkok branch on Sukhumvit Soi 15 is located in the Four Points by Sheraton Hotel and stays true to the original vision of fun and flirty Hooters girls behind the bar, live sports on the TV and huge portions of American dishes on the menu. Saturday is Sports Night at Hooters with drinks promotions and all the usual perks of drinking here such as twice hourly dance routines from the girls and the world-famous tasty chicken wings. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 2am
- Location: 4 Soi Sukhumvit 15, Khlong Toei Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 006 6001