Thinking about swapping the tourist-friendly zones of lower Sukhumvit and Khao San for a more ‘local’ and upscale club in Thonglor? Then we’ve put together a list of 5 of our favourites, with a good spread of dance clubs, live music venues, and after-hour spots to keep your night out in Bangkok’s coolest neighbourhood going until the sun comes up.
Thonglor is usually known as the area around Sukhumvit Soi 55, although the adjacent Sukhumvit 63 (Ekkamai) is often considered part of the area too. There are literally hundreds of swanky bars and restaurants all around, but most of the proper clubs here are all located close to Thonglor Soi 10 (which doubles up as Ekkamai Soi 5). Confused? Don’t worry – we’ve provided the maps. Check out the 5 best clubs in Thonglor below.
Do note: no shorts, no flip-flops and ID is required.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
Beam is a techno nightclub on the 1st floor of 72 Courtyard. With high-tech speakers under the dancefloor and weekly international DJ sets, the music style you’re most likely to hear is minimal and deep tech-house in the bare, dark main room that’s more reminiscent of European dance clubs. Downstairs, you’ll find a hip-hop room, which has a great atmosphere, while the upstairs main room literally shakes thanks to speakers under the dancefloor. International DJs from as far as Berlin and Tokyo often perform weekly. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Wednesday–Saturday from 9pm to 2am (closed from Sundays to Tuesdays)
- Location: 72 Soi Sukhumvit 55, Klongton Nua, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 392 7750
Demo and Funky Villa is a 2-in-1 nightclub in Thonglor, where you can enjoy 2 very different nightlife concepts. Funky Villa generally hosts indie bands on the main stage, while the adjacent Demo club is all about heavy bass, techno, house and EDM. There is also a 3rd smaller bar that’s all about hip-hop. Foreigners must pay a cover charge to get in during weekends, but the good thing is that you can swap rooms as and when you please. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9pm to 2am
- Location: 10 Sukhumvit Rd, Khlong Tan Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)85 250 2000
DND (Do Not Disturb) has an eye-catching ‘retro motel’ theme, with old TVs and suitcases stacked up on the walls, a motel bed curiously sitting on the stage, and a smoking room designed like an old barbershop. For music, Thai bands play until midnight, followed by DJs spinning a mix of house, techno, big-room and pop. There’s no cover charge at DND, and you get complimentary ice/mixers if you buy a bottle of whiskey or vodka. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Sunday from 9pm to 2am (closed on Mondays)
- Location: 217/8 Ekkamai Rd, Khlong Tan Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)94 414 9266
Nunglen and Escobar form one of the most popular local party spots in Thonglor and Ekkamai. The 2 separate venues are part of the same nightlife complex, located on the corner of Ekkamai Soi 5. They tend to draw in a mixed crowd of locals, including university students, young professionals, and the occasional adventurous expat. Both Thonglor clubs are free to enter unless there’s a special event. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Wednesday and Friday from 7pm to 2am, Thursday from 7pm to 1am, Saturday from 7pm to 1.45am (closed on Sundays)
- Location: 217 Ekkamai Rd, Sukhumvit 63, Khlong Tan Nuea, Watthana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
- Tel: +66 (0)2 711 6564