Bangkok Theme Parks
Amusement Parks & Water Parks in Bangkok
If you and your children are looking for some action, head for one of Bangkok's fun parks! Whether the kids like wild roller coasters, drenching water rides, climbing on playgrounds or going on fairground rides, you can find all types of family entertainment and fun activities at Bangkok's in- and outdoor amusement parks. Entire parks are dedicated to water fun, animals and indoor fun!
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show
- Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World with Private Roundtrip Transportation
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Dream World Excursion with Roundtrip Transfer
Art in Paradise, the very successful interactive attraction which started in Pattaya, is now open at Esplanade Shopping Mall on Ratchada road. Also refered by locals as the Trickeye Museum or 3D Museum, Art in Paradise is great fun for couples, friends and families to spend a few hilarious hours, especially on rainy days. Esplanade Mall is located on the outskirts of Bangkok, but the MRT station is right in front of the mall.
Located on the 4th floor of the rather quiet mall, the new 3D Art in Paradise is a shiny and spotless 2 storey gallery packed with superbly executed paintings in which visitors are invited to be Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 22:00 (Ticket Booth closes at 21:00)
- Location: Esplanade Shopping Mall, 4th floor
- Address: Ratchadapisek Road, Din Daeng,Din Daeng, Bangkok, Thailand 10400
- Tel: +66 2 660 9130
- Price Range: 300 baht for adults, 200 for children
Dinosaur Planet Bangkok is a theme park dedicated to prehistoric beasts, from the snarling T-rex to packs of Velociraptors. Opening in 2016, the amusement park will be located in the Phrom Phong area of Sukhumvit and will feature up to 200 life size models of popular dinosaurs. This promises to be very popular a place to photograph yourself with these long extinct beasts, and the construction of these models is incredibly impressive.
The dinosaurs are placed in different terrain thought to be their natural habitat many millennia ago, along with a centerpiece volcano. Budding biologists will no doubt find the theme park in downtown Bangkok very informative and educational however Read More...
- Location: Sukhumvit Road, Phrom Phong (next to Benjasiri Park)
Dream World Bangkok - A visit to Dream World theme park is a fun-filled, entertaining day out where, as the name suggests, children’s fantasies become realities: they can sleigh or make snow angels in Snow Land, ride a rollercoaster up Space Mountain, and meet Cinderella and Pocahontas all in one day. While Dream World’s high-octane rides might not measure up to the best of American or Japanese theme parks’, the sights and attractions for smaller children are excellent and ensure an exciting family day out and a lot of memorable photographs.
Although it’s not actually located in Bangkok, Dream World is only a short ride up the motorway, past Don Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 17:00 daily, until 19:00 on holidays
- Location: 10 minutes north of Don Muang Airport at KM. Stone 7 on Rangsit-Ongkharak Road. By air-con bus, take No. 538 Victory Monument - Don Muang - Rachamonkolk or No. 523 (Mochit - Kasetsart University)
- Tel: +66 (0)2 533 1152
Fantasia Lagoon is a relatively large and attractive water park built on the roof of The Mall Bangkae, which is very near Bangkok compared to the famous Dream World or Siam Park. Despite being opened for many years, the park is surprisingly unknown to tourists and only Thai locals come and play here. Fantasia Lagoon got refurbished very recently and is a fun place for kids and young adults to spend a day with huge pools and decent size sliders, and in addition you have the entire mall to play with including a very attractive games and entertainment zone located right below the water park. And it only costs 100 Read More...
- Tel: 0-2487-1000.
- How to get there: 275 Moo 1, Petchkasem Rd. Phasicharoen Bangkok 10600.
275 หมู่ 1 ถ.เพชรเกษม แขวงบางแคเหนือ เขตภาษีเจริญกรุงเทพฯ 10600
If you want a guaranteed hit for the small children in your family, then Funarium Indoor Playground in Bangkok is the place to go. This large entertainment area may look like a warehouse from outside, but once you step inside and through the childproof gates - to prevent them from getting out, rather than in of course – you will find 2,000 m2 of activities, with a large climbing structure, little kids soft play, sand and water area as well as a arts and craft centre and baking station. The entire space is air-conditioned so children can run around without worrying about the weather outside, whether it’s rainy or simply Read More...
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 19:00 every day
- Address: 111/1 Sukhumvit 26, Bangkok 10110
- Tel: +66 (0)2 665 6555
Imaginia Playland is now open on the third floor of Emporium Mall at Phrom Phong BTS, presenting the most modern, creative and downright fun kid’s activity in Bangkok since Kidzania opened up at Paragon a few years back.
But Imaginia is not only about having fun (although you would be fooled into thinking so seeing the excited children running around like it’s Christmas morning). The two-floor space aims to educate as well as entertain, with the concept of ‘learning through playing’. The impressive range of activities take on art, music, literature, technology and strategic thinking, suitable for tiny tots all the way up to young teens (below 15-years-old). Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00-20:00 daily
- Location: 3/F Emporium Mall, Phrom Phong BTS
- Tel: +66(0)2 664 8337
- Website: http://www.imaginiaplayland.com/
Kidzania is the very latest and, without a doubt, most innovative addition to the 'edutainment' scene in Bangkok. This is unlike anything we have seen before and the level of fun has been raised to a brand new level. Kidzania, originally a Mexican company, has been opening family entertainment centers since 1999 in Santa Fe, then in 18 additional locations around the world.
At first this appears to be another cute mini-town with pretty European style houses below painted skies - which it is. But beyond the extremely well executed craftsmanship, a much deeper level of education is brought to the kids. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Weekdays 10.00 - 17.00 • Weekend and Holidays 10.30 - 20.30
- Location: 5th floor of Siam Paragon
- BTS: Siam
- Price Range:
Weekdays: Adult (from 15 years old) : 425 Baht - Kids (4-14 years old) : 850 Baht - Toddlers (2-3 years old) : 425 Baht
Weekends and Holidays: Adult (from 15 years old) : 500 Baht - Kids (4-14 years old) : 1,000 Baht - Toddlers (2-3 years old) : 500 Baht
Both kids and adults will love Kidzoona at Molly Fantasy on the 5th floor of Gateway Ekkamai Shopping Mall. Whether it’s too hot or too rainy to be outside in Bangkok, it’s the perfect place for younger children to let off some steam, with a soft play area, inflatable slides, an overly pink merry go round and trucks and trikes to speed around on. Prices start at 180 baht for children and there is a flat rate of 90 baht for adults, giving you all-day access to the play area. Kids aged over 12 years old are not permitted, but if you are coming with teens there are some arcade Read More...
- Opening Hours: daily from 10.00 – 21.00
- BTS: Ekamai
- Address: Gateway Ekkamai Mall, Sukhumvit Road
- Tel: +66 (0)2 108265052
- Price Range: Entrance: Children: 180 - 330 baht (parents 90 baht)
Leoland Water Park
Leoland Water Park is a huge rooftop water park set on top of Central City Bangna shopping mall on the eastern outskirts of Bangkok. This fun water park features waterslides, tube rides and sun beds! Not exactly located near the centre, but worth the trip when you combine it with some shopping at Central.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 - 18:00 (Monday - Friday); 10:00 - 19:00 (Saturday & Sunday)
- Location: Sixth Floor, Central City Bangna at Km.3 on Bangna-Trad Road
Safari World is a zoo for those who don't like zoos… of course like any animal parks it has some good and some not so good sides but here animals certainly do have huge amount of space to roam free.
Opened since 1988, Safari World is divided in two distinct areas: The open space of Safari Parkwhere you can drive through in your car or in the park bus represents 480 acres for its open zoo and 180 acres for its bird park, then the Marine Parkwhich is more of a traditional zoo mixed with many shows, lots of food stalls and plenty of souvenir shops. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Safari Park: 9 am to 5 pm, Marine Park: 9 am to 6 pm
- Location: 99 Panyaintra Road, Samwatawantok, Klongsamwa
- Tel: 02 518 1000
- Price Range: Safari World: adults 400 Baht, children 300 Baht Marine Park: adults 700 Baht, children 450 Baht Both combined: adults 900 Baht, children 550 Baht
There is enough to see and do at Siam Park to spend an entire day here, with a large area dedicated to a water park with exhilarating slides, and a separate amusement park with some fantastic rides for both small and big kids – just don’t visit expecting Disneyland or other international standard parks you have visited before. Although this park has some large new rides and the water park is great fun, the overall look is slightly shabby, despite a complete renovation in 2007 it still looks like it’s stuck in the 90s, and staff don’t have the best English. Although adults may be less than impressed, kids are Read More...
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 18:00
- Address: 203 Suan Siam Rd., Kannayao, Bangkok 10230
- Tel: +66 (0)2 919 7200
- How to get there: For Taxi - สวนสยาม ทะเล-กรุงเทพฯ เดินทางสะดวกทั้งถนนเสรีไทย (5 กม. จากบางกะปิ) และถนนรามอินทรา (กม.12 ก่อนถึงมีนบุรี) อยู่ไม่ไกลจากสนามบินสุวรรณภูมิ (ถนนวงแหวนรอบนอกฝั่งตะวันออก ทางออกถนนเสรีไทย)
Snow Town Bangkok is an indoor themed village and play area with 30-40 cm of artificial snow located in Gateway Ekkamai shopping mall. Inside the air conditioned hall there is a Main Street with Japanese restaurants, shops and a playground. There is also a modest slope with sleighs and skis for rent so you can recreate the sensation of being high up in the mountains of Hokkaido.
Tickets to enter Snow Town themed village cost 100 baht for people over 90cm tall and 80 baht for children less than 90cm tall. Entrance to the Snow Playground is an additional 100 baht per 30 minutes. Winter gear including jackets, gloves, Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 11.00 - 22.00, Saturday - Sunday and Holidays 10.00 - 22.00
- Location: Fifth Floor, Gateway Ekkamai, Sukhumvit Road
- BTS: Ekkamai
- Price Range: From 80 baht for young children, 100 baht for older children and adults (gear rental and activities require additional fees)