Bangkok MRT (Underground)
Bangkok Subway - Mass Rapid Transit0
Fast and efficient, the Mass Rapid Transit network (MRT) serves 18 stations and stretches for 20 km in a horseshoe shape from Hua Lamphong in the South (near Chinatown) to Bang Sue in the north. Trains arrive every 5-7 minutes, and connect to the BTS Skytrain at Sukhumvit and Silom stations.
Stops of particular interest to visitors include Kampaengphet (Chatuchak Weekend Market, Or Tor Kor Market and Rod Fai Market), Sukhumvit (Asok BTS Skytrain), Silom (Saladaeng BTS Skytrain, Pat Pong Night Market and Lumpini Park) and Hua Lamphong (Chinatown and Central Railway Station). The Petchaburi Station is about 300m from the Airport Rail Link’s Makkasan Interchange Station, where you can board the express train to Suvarnabhumi International Airport.Read More
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Floating Markets Cycling & Boat Tour
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Safari World & Marine Park Full-Day Tour With Buffet Lunch
- Muay Thai Live Performance
Bangkok MRT Route Guide
The Bangkok MRT underground runs underneath Rama IV and Ratchadapisek Roads, the two thoroughfares that cut through the heart of downtown Bangkok. Although additional lines and extensions are in the pipeline, it currently only comprises the blue line, serving 18 stations from Hua Lamphong to Bang Sue. Trains every five minutes in peak times (07:00 - 09:00, 16:00 - 19:00) and every seven minutes at other times.
- Hua Lamphong Nearby: Chinatown, Central Railway Station
- Sam Yan Nearby: Jim Thompson Shop, Chamchuri Square, Snake Farm
- Silom Nearby: Patpong Night Market, Saladaeng BTS Skytrain, Dusit Thani Hotel, Lumpini Park
- Lumpini Nearby: Lumpini Park, Lumpini Boxing Stadium, Vertigo and Moon Bar (at Banyan Tree Bangkok), The Sukhothai Bangkok
- Klong Toei Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre Nearby: Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre, Stock Exchange of Thailand
- Sukhumvit Nearby: Asok BTS Skytrain, The Long Table Bangkok, Terminal 21, Soi Cowboy, Grand Millennium Sukhumvit
- Phetchaburi Nearby: Airport Rail Link’s Makkasan Station,
- Rama 9 Nearby: Central Plaza Rama 9, Fortune Town, Grand Mercure Fortune Bangkok
- Thailand Cultural Centre Nearby: The Esplanade, Siam Niramit
- Huay Kwang Nearby: Swissotel le Concorde, Mansion 7
- Lad Phrao
- Phaholyothin Nearby: Central Plaza Lad Phrao, Union Mall
- Chatuchak Nearby: Chatuchak Weekend Market, Chatuchak Park, Rod Fai Park
- Kampaengphet Nearby: Or Tor Kor Market, Rod Fai Market, Chatuchak Weekend Market
- Bang Sue
Other Useful Information
- The MRT underground service hours is 06:00 – midnight
- Parking is provided at seven stations: Sam Yan, Sukhumvit, Phetchaburi, Thailand Cultural Centre, Huai Khwang, Ratchadaphisek and Kamphaeng Phet. All stations have facilities (lifts) for disabled people.
- If you want to go to Lumpini Park, do not get off at Lumpini Station. Exit at Silom Station.
- If you want to go to Central Lad Phrao, do not get off at Lad Phrao Station. Exit at Phaholyothin Station.
- If you want to go to Chatuchak Market, do not get off at Chatuchak Park Station. Exit at Kamphaeng Phet Station.
- If you want to go to Thailand Cultural Center, you will need to get a taxi from the station. The Thailand Cultural Centre is a fair distance from Thailand Cultural Centre Station.
- The MRT underground’s Stored Value Cards are not compatible with the BTS Skytrain or Airport Rail Link. You must purchase the passes separately.
MRT MapRate This Place: ( votes)