Getting around Bangkok0
The BTS is undoubtedly the swiftest way to get around, and can whisk you right where you want to be in no time at all. It's a cheap, smooth, cool, clean, fast and scenic way to enjoy Bangkok. Major shopping malls, Chatuchak Weekend Market, all Sukhumvit Road's attractions, and even the riverside are accessible by Skytrain.
While the Silom line runs west to south, the Sukhumvit line runs north to east (see the BTS route guide). So, if you're new to Bangkok, it's a great way to find your way around and see a large part of what the city has to offer. Note that Service runs between 06:30 and midnight, and the trains can be packed during peak hours (07:00 - 09:00 and 16:00 - 19:00).
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show
- Sea Life Bangkok Ocean World with Private Roundtrip Transportation
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Dream World Excursion with Roundtrip Transfer
Fares and Skytrain Passes
The BTS Rabbit cards are used to access all stations. Fares start at 15 baht per one stop. A one-day pass may be a good option for those planning to do a lot of hopping on and off for one full day. But if you plan to be in Bangkok for a while, it might be a good idea to buy the BTS Smart Pass.
Unlimited travel within the duration of a single day for 120 baht. Ideal for tourists.
Standard Rabbit Card / Stored Value Cards
These are available for 100 baht plus 50 baht refundable deposit. The Standard Rabbit Cards are valid for 5 years and can be filled with a minimum of 100 baht and up to 4,000 baht.
30-Day Pass for Adults
- For 15 trips (use within 30 days), 25 baht per trip unlimited distance, it costs 375 baht.
- For 25 trips (use within 30 days), 23 baht per trip unlimited distance, it costs 575 baht.
- For 40 trips (use within 30 days), 21 baht per trip unlimited distance, it costs 840 baht.
- For 50 trips (use within 30 days), 20 baht per trip unlimited distance, it costs 1,000 baht.
The following stations offer facilities (such as elevators) for disabled people: Mo Chit, Siam, Asok, On Nut and Chong Nonsi. BTS Tourist Information Centers can be found at Siam, Nana and Saphan Taksin stations. A very informative BTS city map can be picked up free from any station.
For more information contact the BTS hotline: +66 (0)2 617 7300
You May Also Like