Khomapastr Hua Hin
Hua Hin Shopping0
Khomapastr Hua Hin, founded in 1948 along with Jim Thompson’s company, is one of Thailand’s most cherished and highly regarded brands. Largely featuring cotton products, the brand specializes in hand-printing designs and classical patterns, especially on ‘pha kiao’, the fabric adorning royal palanquins.
Tucked inside Hua Hin Soi 84, this branch was the first to open and today remains the company’s headquarters and main showroom, run by third-generation owners. The design has been modernized to meet the demands of today’s consumers, although you will also find the traditional patterns dating back to the company’s early days.Read More
- Chao Phraya River Cruise with Dinner
- Half-Day Cooking Lesson at Blue Elephant Cooking School
- Siam Niramit Show
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Temples & City Tour
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Temple Tour
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show at the Grand Theatre with Dinner & Roundtrip Transfer
- Safari World Tour with Roundtrip Transfer
- Golden Buddha, Reclining Buddha, Marble Temple & Gems Gallery Tour
Khompapastr products range from lifestyle to home decoration, mostly found in palaces, luxury hotels and private homes. The brand’s signature design – Gold Hand Print (or ‘pha kiao’) – can be traced back to the 15th century, when it was used primarily in the royal court. Production involves a meticulous process of hand-painting using natural dyes and gold leaf.
The gift collection features a broad range of contemporary designs and lifestyle products, including tote bags, tissue box covers, purses, placemats and other knickknacks. Colourful and unique, these make ideal gifts for family and friends back home.
Dress-making fabrics are the backbone of the Khompapastr brand, and these have led to off-shoot products such as apparel and fashion accessories. The collection features more than 1,000 designs, from traditional Thai to floral and graphic patterns, each showcasing elaborate details and high-quality finish.
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 09:00-19:00 (Mon-Sat), 09:00-17:00 (Sun)
- Location: Soi 84, Petchakasem Rd.
- Tel: +66 (0)32 511 250