Baan Silapin, or Artists’ Home, is the brainchild of Thawee Kaesangarm, chairman of Hua Hin’s artist club. This gallery complex exhibits works from Thailand’s artists all year round as well as offering various art courses for children and those who wish to take their love of art to the next level.
Set in a picturesque location overlooking Hin Lek Fai Moutain, Baan Silapin complex contains an art gallery, art studios, classrooms and mud house displaying ceramic art and sculptures. There’s nothing formal or rigid about this place. Its founding philosophy, as a gathering and work place for local artists, fills Baan Silapin with warmth and liveliness.
- Santorini Park Waterventures
- Half-Day Cha-am Morning Bicycle Tour
- Admission to Vana Nava Hua Hin Water Park with Transfers
- Khao Sam Roi Yot Sea Cruise
- Pran Buri River Trip
- Evening City Tour in a Tuk-Tuk with Dinner
- Full-Day Thai Cooking Class with Lunch
- Full-Day Tour to Kaeng Krachan National Park with Lunch
- Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park Full-Day Excursion
- Private Wat Mahathat, Khao Wang Palace & Tham Khao Luang Half-Day Tour
Highlights at Baan Silapin
Art appreciation is the order of the day at Baan Silapin, and while there are postcards, T-shirts, souvenirs and paintings for sale, shopping comes secondary. Wooden, single-storey structures nestle among trees and tropical foliage. Painted doors and signage present a powerful contrast with the white exterior walls. Paintings – of various styles and colours – decorate the interiors and randomly pop up at various spots throughout. If the resident artists happen to be around, you may get to watch them meticulously fashion each brushstroke into a beautiful image.
Many people come here to unleash their creativity – and imagination. Art classes take place almost every day, and you can join in if you have a few hours to spare. The small, lovely café serves as an ideal relaxation venue. Enjoy a cup of coffee, immerse yourself in the environment, and the friendliness of the place will help you feel more relaxed. Before you know it, you might feel an urge to pick up a paintbrush and start creating your own work of art. Kids are more than welcome here.
Baan Silapin Hua Hin
- Opening Hours: 10:00-17:00 (close Mondays)
- Location: Hin Lek Fai Mountain, north of Chat Chai Market
- Tel: +66 (0)32 534 830, +66 (0)84 047 7125, +66 (0)87 167 3895