Khao Nang Phanthurat Forest Park
Khao Nang Phanthurat Forest Park is a delightful playground for nature explorers. It covers an area featuring cave-ridden limestone hills and forested greenery. Inside the park, the 3km nature trail passes through a scenic landscape filled with natural rock formations, bird habitats and an array of flora and fauna.
Getting to the forest park is an adventure in itself as the road is rough and relatively unpaved. From Phetkasem Road, at the 197km post, take a small local road that leads to Wat Pa Sutthikun and continue for 1km. On the way, you will see a series of limestone quarries leading up to the mountains.Read More
- Santorini Park Waterventures
- Half-Day Cha-am Morning Bicycle Tour
- Admission to Vana Nava Hua Hin Water Park with Transfers
- Khao Sam Roi Yot Sea Cruise
- Pran Buri River Trip
- Evening City Tour in a Tuk-Tuk with Dinner
- Full-Day Thai Cooking Class with Lunch
- Full-Day Tour to Kaeng Krachan National Park with Lunch
- Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park Full-Day Excursion
- Private Wat Mahathat, Khao Wang Palace & Tham Khao Luang Half-Day Tour
Highlights at Khao Nang Phanthurat Forest Park
The forest park has two important mountains called Khao Chaolai and Khao Chomprasart, rising at about 60-372 metres above sea level from along the park’s north-south axis. Together, the two mountains look like a giant lying on her side (Nang Phanthurat is the name of a female giant in a Thai folklore).
Surrounded by mixed deciduous forest and dry evergreen forest, the park enjoys a lush-green landscape all year round and is home to birds, plants and animals. There’s a lake that flows through the park, and a paved jogging trail running alongside it. Locals like to picnic or to enjoy the serenity of nature.
Tips and Good to Know
An important factor to be considered when visiting this national park is that road is in bad condition therefore appropriate transport is needed. Plan to arrive early in the morning or late afternoon, as it could be searing hot at midday, and do bring along bottled water to avoid dehydration.
Khao Nang Phanthurat National Park
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Location: Cha-Am, Phetkasem Road (197 km. post)
- How to get there: From Hua Hin, take Phetkasem Road towards Bangkok. Follow the flyover, and then turn right at the entrance of Jalaprathan Cement Co. Ltd.