This is by no means up to the National Park standards but if you fancy a relaxed day amid some pretty scenery then Cha-Am forest park is definitely a worthwhile choice. Situated on Phetkasem Road, it is easily reached by taking the Narathip junction when coming from the direction of the beach.
The 665,600sqm park is part of Don Masang National Reserved Forest and sits on a lowland area covered in casuarina trees, cacti and a wide range of tropical plants. Crisscrossing the park, a large, freeform lake is home to several species of water fowl. If you are lucky, you might be able to spot a few peacocks, monkeys and palm civets.
- Santorini Park Waterventures
- Half-Day Cha-am Morning Bicycle Tour
- Admission to Vana Nava Hua Hin Water Park with Transfers
- Khao Sam Roi Yot Sea Cruise
- Pran Buri River Trip
- Evening City Tour in a Tuk-Tuk with Dinner
- Full-Day Thai Cooking Class with Lunch
- Full-Day Tour to Kaeng Krachan National Park with Lunch
- Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park Full-Day Excursion
- Private Wat Mahathat, Khao Wang Palace & Tham Khao Luang Half-Day Tour
Due to its serene landscape, a lot of families and couples come here to chill out and picnic. A paved trail, running throughout the park, is ideal for jogging and cycling. There’s also an area to set up overnight camps around the lake, as well as park-operated bungalows and restaurant. So, it’s not a real campout in the jungle but rather a relaxing overnight excursion in beautiful natural surrounds.
Cha-Am Forest Park
- Location: About 3km south of Cha-Am intersection on Phetkasem Road.
- Tel: +66 (0)32 433 661 ext. 305 (for bungalow reservation)