Sukhumvit hotels are plentiful, offering guests a great variety of accommodation options and, in many ways, this main thoroughfare epitomises modern Bangkok. This downtown area is characterised by high rise apartments, air-conditioned shopping centres, stylish restaurants and a wide selection of entertainment venues. Whether it’s shopping for the latest fashion in Terminal 21 or Emporium Shopping Mall, dining at swish restaurants or partying the night away in glitzy bars, clubs and cocktail lounges, a stay in Sukhumvit has it all, which means it’s a great place for many types of visitors to Bangkok.
Linked to the main tourist and commercial areas by the BTS Skytrain Line, hotels in Sukhumvit provide a good base for exploring the sights and sounds of Bangkok. Accommodation in Sukhumvit is also very good. Many international brand hotels are located along Sukhumvit Road and provide excellent service, facilities, fancy swimming pools and great views over the city – some with their very own rooftop bars. Suvarnabhumi International Airport is around 45 minutes away via taxi or by taking the Airport Link Skytrain from Phraya Thai BTS Station.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour
All Hotels in Sukhumvit
- The Athenee Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Bangkok
- Bangkok Central Business District
What Can You Do in Sukhumvit
- The main activities for people staying in a hotel in Sukhumvit is shopping during the day and hitting the exciting nightlife options once the sun sets. Of course, meal times are also particularly good in this area owing to the many excellent restaurants and types of cuisine.
- The best shopping is found in Terminal 21 (Asok), and Emquartier and Emporium (Phrom Phong)
- The most popular nightlife areas include: Soi 11 (Nana), Soi Cowboy (Asok) Soi 31 (Phrom Phong) and Soi 55 (Thonglor).
Good Things to Know About Sukhumvit
- Traffic is notoriously bad around rush hours in Sukhumvit so take advantage of the excellent public transport system called the Bangkok Transit System (BTS).
- Many of the best restaurants are located quite far into the sois (street).
- Sukhumvit Road is very long and actually runs all the way to the Cambodian border; however, most people class downtown Sukhumvit as being between Soi 1 and Soi 63.