Hotels in Silom cater to many business guests and leisure tourists as this is considered the centre of the business district in Bangkok. Running parallel with Sathorn Road represents the heart of the older central business district, Silom is famed for head offices of financial institutions, local banks, law firms and multinational corporations. Surprisingly there are also a number of art and antique shops, and some good local bars and restaurants. During the evening, Silom puts on a different face when local street markets selling clothes, watches, and souvenirs set up along the roadside. Patpong, better known for its raunchy nightlife also has a number of dance clubs and party places, along with Japanese hostess and karaoke bars around Thaniya.
Silom hotels are blessed with transport options thanks to the Chao Phraya River close by with endless shuttle boats and ferries, the BTS Skytrain runs directly overhead Silom with several stops to make the nearest stop only a short stroll away and endless taxis plying their trade here.
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Tour
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Vertigo & Moon Bar Rooftop Dining
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Chao Phraya River Dinner Cruise
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Half-Day Tour