Plaza Athenee Bangkok – Editor’s Choice
What We Like (And What We Don’t)0
What are Editor’s Choice hotels? These are hotels picked by the editorial team, people who know the city inside and out, and are the hotels that we suggest to our friends and family when they visit.Read More
- Chao Phraya River Cruise with Dinner
- Half-Day Cooking Lesson at Blue Elephant Cooking School
- Siam Niramit Show
- Calypso Cabaret Show
- Temples & City Tour
- Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha Temple Tour
- Shangri-La Hotel's Buffet Dinner Cruise
- Siam Niramit Show at the Grand Theatre with Dinner & Roundtrip Transfer
- Safari World Tour with Roundtrip Transfer
- Golden Buddha, Reclining Buddha, Marble Temple & Gems Gallery Tour
Plaza Athenee Bangkok
Plaza Athenee Bangkok takes the best European Art Deco style and combines it with truly dedicated service which has been the cornerstone of Le Meridien hotels around the world. The Skytrain is only a short stroll away so getting round town is easy, and with five excellent restaurants in house, meal times can’t come soon enough.
Who is it For?
Families, Couples, Business, Shoppers
Location (Score 4.5/5)(Score 4.5/5)" data-alt="" class="listing-img lazyload" />
Built on royal land, Plaza Athenee takes pride of place on Wireless Road, the prestigious home of many embassies and multi-national businesses. Ploenchit BTS Skytrain station is less than 5 minutes’ walk away (even faster once you find the shortcut). All in all, it’s a great downtown location for business, shopping and sightseeing.
- Central Embassy Shopping Mall (400m)
- Ploenchit BTS Skytrain (450m)
- All Seasons Place (250m)
- Lumpini Park (1.5km)
What We Like...
- Great city centre location
- Over-sized windows to give you a great view of Bangkok
- Less than five minutes’ walk from the BTS skytrain at Ploenchit
- Large pool area surrounded by greenery
- Well-equipped gym with outdoor running track
- Five acclaimed on-site restaurants
- Impressive breakfast buffet with both Asian and western delicacies
- Some of the most comfortable beds you will ever sleep in
... and What We Don’t
- Only 60 minutes of free internet access with deluxe rooms (unless you sign up for an SPG members card)
- Traffic can get bad along Wireless Road during rush hour
See more genuine reviews at Hotels.com
What's the Hotel Like? (Score 4.5/5)(Score 4.5/5)" data-alt="" class="listing-img lazyload" />
The Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel imposes its European sensibilities on guests with a grand lobby, and tasteful refined guestrooms. There’s a host of fine dining restaurants on Level 3, including our favourites The Reflexions (French) and Smooth Curry (Thai). On the fourth floor you can relax: the free form swimming pool has a Thai feel to it, surrounded by plenty of greenery and complete with its own pavilion to provide shade, plus an outdoor running track and the well-equipped fitness centre.
The Rooms (Score 4.4/5)
The deluxe rooms are a spacious 38 sqm, and if you want a great view of Bangkok request a higher floor when you check in. All rooms come with a writing desk, flat screen television and satellite channels, tea and coffee making facilities and Wi-Fi… but at a cost.Rate This Place: ( votes)