10 Best Things FOR KIDS To Do in Bangkok
Best Children's Activities in Bangkok
Bangkok has loads of children’s activities – more than anywhere else in Thailand, most probably. From ‘edutainment’ venues for kids to learn while they play, to exciting theme parks, games arcades and exciting outdoor attractions, there is something for every type of child. You can even surf in Bangkok! Truly, there is just as much fun and adventure to be had for the little ones as for mom and dad, and the possibilities are endless.
This list details the best things for children to do in Bangkok, with a handy age range so you can find which ideas are suitable. If you like the look of any particular activity, click to find more details. Check out what the big city has in the way of kids activities below.
If you are looking for activities to enjoy together with your children, check out our list of things to do as a family.Read More
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Floating Markets Cycling & Boat Tour
- Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Visit
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Safari World & Marine Park Full-Day Tour With Buffet Lunch
- Muay Thai Live Performance
1Kidzania Ages: 3-12 years old0
Kidzania is the most innovative addition to the 'edutainment' scene in Bangkok. This is unlike anything we have seen before and the level of fun has been raised to a brand new level. Kidzania allows children to try out a range of activities in a model city. Popular ‘jobs’ include playing doctor at the miniature hospital, fighting fires, policing the streets or learning how to make sushi like a master chef. Read More...
2Ice Skating Ages: 4 years and up0
- Opening Hours: Weekdays 10.00 - 17.00 • Weekend and Holidays 10.30 - 20.30
- Location: 5th floor of Siam Paragon
- BTS: Siam
A classic children’s activity that is available in several locations throughout Bangkok is ice skating. Bangkok has several great ice rinks - one even that is Olympic-sized. If you're a bit wobbly on skates, you can opt to take a lesson or even use one of the penguin-shaped stabilisers that help beginners keep their balance. Read More...
3Bounce Bangkok Ages: 4 years and up0
- Location: varied
Bounce Inc. Bangkok is an action-packed trampoline park and climbing centre. The huge space is popular with children and teens, and is open to everyone aged three and older (young children require adult supervision). There are trampolines of all kinds: some have padded walls so you can practice your Park Coeur flips and jumps, others are slanted at a 45 degree angle, others land into a crash mat so you can attempt crazy tricks without even the slightest worry of getting hurt. Read More...
4Flight Simulator Ages: 10 years and up0
- Opening Hours: 10:00-22:00 daily
- Location: 5th Floor, The Street Ratchada (Formerly Robinsons Department Store)
- MRT: Cultural Centre (exit 4)
- Tel: +66 (0)2 014 2446
A simulation flight is an extra-special gift for young children who dream of being pilots. The experience feels so realistic that the cockpit in Bangkok has even been used in films and TV shows, which makes it too challenging for very young children, but there is a trusty co-pilot sitting alongside you throughout to lend a helping hand. Read More...
5Surf at Flow Rider Ages: 6 years and up0
- Location: Gateway Ekamai, 2nd Floor, Sukhumvit
- BTS: Ekkamai
- Tel: +66 (0)2 048 9922
- Price Range: A 30 minute flight experience costs 4,550 baht
Flow Rider is an artificial wave machine and beach club in the heart of Bangkok that provides a great way for kids to have fun, keep fit and cool off – all while learning a new sport. Flowriding is basically an amalgamation of surfing and wakeboarding on an inflatable ramp which has a thin sheet of water pumped up and over it to simulate a perpetual breaking wave. Smaller children can also body board, which is easier to pick up and just as fun. Read More...
6Funarium Ages: toddlers and children up to around 8 years old0
- Opening Hours: 10:00 to 22:00 daily
- Location: Flow House, A-Square, Sukhumvit Soi 26
- Tel: +66 (0)2 108 5210
- Price Range: 550 baht (650 baht after 18:00 or on weekends)
If you want a guaranteed hit for the small children in your family, then Funarium Indoor Playground in Bangkok is the place to go. This large entertainment area may look like a warehouse from outside, but inside you will you will find 2,000 m2 of activities, with a large climbing structure, little kids soft play area, sand and water area as well as an arts and craft centre and baking station. Read More...
7Children's Discovery Museum Ages: 3 years and up0
- Opening Hours: 09:00 – 19:00 daily
- BTS: Phrom Phong
- Address: 111/1 Sukhumvit 26, Bangkok
- Tel: +66 (0)2 665 6555
The Children’s Discovery Museum Bangkok offers a wealth of fun and educational activities to keep the kids occupied for a whole day, such as digging up dinosaur bones in the archaeological site and creating giant bubbles from inside them! The museum encourages a hands-on approach to learning; with interactive displays it calls a 'discovery learning process'. Read More...
8Snow Town Ages: 2-6 years old0
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 16:00 daily
- Location: Chatuchak Park
- BTS: Mo Chit
- Tel: +66 (0)2 246 6144
Snow Town Bangkok is an indoor themed village and play area with 30-40 cm of artificial snow located in Gateway Ekkamai shopping mall. Inside the air conditioned hall there is a Main Street with Japanese restaurants, shops and a playground. There is also a modest slope with sleighs and skis for rent so you can recreate the sensation of being high up in the mountains of Hokkaido. Read More...
9Wakeboarding at Taco Lake 8 years and up0
- Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 11.00 - 22.00, Saturday - Sunday and Holidays 10.00 - 22.00
- Location: Fifth Floor, Gateway Ekkamai, Sukhumvit Road
- BTS: Ekkamai
- Price Range: From 80 baht for young children, 100 baht for older children and adults (gear rental and activities require additional fees)
Whether you’re a complete novice or consider yourself to be the next Tony Hawk on water, wakeboarding in Bangkok is an awesome way to escape the hustle of the city whilst having about as much fun as you can in the capital for less than 500 baht. If the thought of wakeboarding seems daunting, you could try a few rounds on the kneeboard first which is also loads of fun! Read More...
10Dinosaur Planet Ages: any age0
- Opening Hours: Mon-Friday: Midday – 20:00 Saturday, Sunday, Public Holidays: 10:00 – 20:00
- Location: 75/1 Km13 Bangna-trad Rd., Moo 12, Bangplee Bangplee-yai, Samut Prakan
- Tel: +66 2 316 7809
- Price Range: 400 baht per day
Dinosaur Planet Bangkok is a theme park dedicated to prehistoric beasts, from the snarling T-rex to packs of Velociraptors. The amusement park is located in the Phrom Phong area of Sukhumvit and features up to 200 life size models of popular dinosaurs. It’s quite a compact space with a couple of exhibits and a central Ferris wheel. Read More...
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: 11:00-20:00 daily
- Location: Sukhumvit Road, Phrom Phong (next to Benjasiri Park)
- BTS: Phrom Phong
You May Also Like