Khao Yai Wine Trails Cycling Tour
Cycling Tours near Bangkok
Starting in Bangkok, we drive north and east and enter Khao Yai Park from the south gate. We travel through the park stopping at various view points and we also have a short trek through the jungle to the Heo Naraok waterfall. Once we reach the resort we check in and enjoy lunch before we head out in the afternoon to ride through patchwork countryside to our first vineyard, Gran Monte, and our first wine tasting. Then we continue riding along quiet back roads to the Khao Yai winery where we ride through the vineyards before stopping for our second wine tasting as well as a tour of the wine making facilities.
After the visit it is a short ride back to our Cabbages & Condoms resort where we spend the night.
After breakfast the next day, we cycle through the valleys, that offer some excellent views of the country side to the Hornbill Restaurant, which is part of the Khao Yai Winery estate, where we will have lunch. We continue to ride quiet roads (or transfer) back to the resort where everyone can freshen up or take a swim before returning to Bangkok via Saraburi (two hour drive).
Sorry but we are temporarily not selling this tour.
Fact & Figures
- Total Distance : Approx 60 km
- Number of Days : Two good half days of riding
- Road Surface : Asphalt roads and a few dirt trails
- Support : One or two 8-seat air-conditioned minibuses fitted with two-way radio and specially converted to take bikes and bikers.
- Group : Minimum 2
- Staff : Each tour is led by at least one fully-trained English speaking tour guide.
- Food : Lunch and dinner on Day 1 and breakfast and lunch on Day 2. Soft drinks, water and fruit are available all day while cycling.
- Accommodation : 1 night at the Cabbages & Condoms.