Floating Market Cycling Tour
Bangkok Cycling Tours
Damnoen Saduak is renowned for its colourful floating market, but there's the other side of Damnoen Saduak – on land – that also awaits discovery. This bicycle tour combines the delightful floating market experience with the charms of rural communities along the Mae Klong River Delta, an area abounds with bamboo groves, fruit orchards and sugar palm plantations.
Starting with a long tail boat journey through Damnoen Saduak’s maze of khlongs, brimming with vendors’ boats offering everything from freshly cut flowers to ‘boat noodles’ and sizzling barbecued meat skewers.
Upon arrival at a riverside temple, you will embark on a bicycle journey through the quiet back roads, passing through a community of quaint wooden shops and rustic countryside scenery fringing the khlongs. Lunch is served at a riverside restaurant on the bank of the Mae Klong.
Cycle Tour of Floating Market Bangkok 32 km
06:45 - 07:30
Pick up from hotels.
07:30 - 08:45
Drive to Samut Songkram.
08:45 - 09:15Visit Damnoen Nam Saduak (Floating Market).
09:15 - 10:00Long-tail boat ride through the maze of canals to Wat Amphawan Chetiyaram.
10:00 - 12:00Ride along back roads visiting Ban Khai Noi, Ban Bung before arriving at Suan Rim Nam restaurant for lunch (19km).
12:00 - 13:00Enjoy lunch on the bank of the Mae Klong River.
13:00 - 14:30Continue riding via the back roads to the start point at the floating market (13 km).
14:30 - 14:45Disembark the bikes and visit a temple at finish point.
14:45 - 16:30
Drive back to Bangkok and drop off at hotels.
- 06:45 –16:30
- Transportation from/to hotels in Bangkok
- Admission fee as mentioned on this programme
- Local English-speaking guide
- Bike and helmet hire for a day
- All water and snacks whilst riding
- Accident insurance
- Boat trip
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tips, etc
- Other services not mentioned on this programme
- Total Distance: 32 km
- Number of Days: Full day
- Road Surface: This tour follows a mix of asphalt roads, vehicle-width dirt roads, and canal paths. No technical ability is required.
- Support: One or two 8-seat air-conditioned minibuses fitted with two-way radio and specially converted to take bikes and bikers.
- Group : Minimum 2
- Staff : Each tour is led by at least one fully-trained English speaking tour guide.
- Food : Lunch is a delicious Thai lunch. Soft drinks, water and fruit are available all day.
Planning your holiday?Travelling as a group?We can help!
Let us arrange your holiday: Tell us your length of stay, budget limit or number of guests and we do the rest. We can design a holiday or tour to suit you, plus special discounts for groups. Contact us here or CALL US at Thailand : +66 2 787 3379, Malaysia : 007-803-011-4583