Cycle Tour Chinatown
Bangkok Cycling Tours
If you are looking for a little adventure and something that delves deeper into Bangkok’s historic roots and charming riverside cultures, this half-day tour is for you. Get to know Bangkok’s vibrant Chinatown and its communities of Chinese descents, whose ancestors migrated from southern China in the early 19th Century.
Then explore the other side of the Chao Phraya River, where you will learn about the history of Thonburi – the first capital of the Rattanakosin Period, before King Rama I moved the capital across the river to The Grand Palace. Here, you will hit some of the more popular Bangkok landmarks – Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn) and Royal Barges Museum – and also go off the beaten path to discover some of the lesser known sites, such as the Santa Cruz Church, old Portuguese community, and the lovely Princess Mother Memorial Park and Museum.
Cycle Tour Chinatown to Royal Barge Museum (Half-day)
07:00 – 08:00
Pick up by minivan and transfer to the starting point
08:00 – 12:00
Cycle through Chinatown and Thonburi along quiet back streets and riverside paths, then arrive at the Royal Barges Museum
12:00 – 13:00
Drop off by minivan. An additional trip to The Grand Palace and Wat Pho can be arranged after the cycle trip.
- Transportation from/to hotels in Bangkok
- Admission fee as mentioned on this programme
- Local English-speaking guide
- Bike and Helmet hire for the day
- All water and snacks whilst riding
- Accident insurance
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tips, etc
- Other services not mentioned on this programme
Fact & Figures
- Total Distance: 10km
- Number of Days: Half a day
- Road Surface : This tour follows a mix of tarmac roads and small paths
- Group : Minimum 2
- Staff : Each tour is led by at least one fully-trained English-speaking tour guide
- Refreshments : Water is available at the water stops
Planning your holiday?Travelling as a group?We can help!
Let us arrange your holiday: Tell us your length of stay, budget limit or number of guests and we do the rest. We can design a holiday or tour to suit you, plus special discounts for groups. Contact us here or CALL US at Thailand : +66 2 787 3379, Malaysia : 007-803-011-4583