Bangkok Flower Market & Chinatown
Bangkok City Discovery Tours
Colourful, captivating and engaging are the three words that sum up this half-day tour to visit Bangkok’s Chinatown and Pak Khlong Flower Market. Locally known as Yaowaraj, Chinatown is home to one of the most dynamic and vibrant commercial districts in Bangkok.
The 1.5-km long main thoroughfare, and its maze of narrow sois (sub-streets), is filled with row shop-houses selling all sorts of products and ware, from gold shops, traditional Chinese medicine shops and street-side amulet stalls to fruit stands, gourmet Chinese eatery and seafood. There’s only a few places in Bangkok that match its level of energy and vibrancy.
Close to Chinatown, Pak Khlong Flower Market is the biggest fresh flower market in the city. This is where flower traders from all over the country convene at the wee hours of each day to unload their freshly cut blossoms in bulk.
The kaleidoscope of bright, blooming colours, coupled with a symphony of fragrant smells, from roses, daisies, chrysanthemums, indigenous orchids, and many more, is just amazing. The earlier you arrive on scene, the better, as market seems to wind down soon after the first few morning hours.
Flower Market & Chinatown
8:00-12:00 or 13:00-17:00
This tour begins with a visit to Pak Khlong Talad, the biggest trading centre for wholesale flowers, fruits and vegetables, followed by Bangkok's Chinatown.
Bangkok Flower Market & Chinatownfrom THB2,140Remark:
- Rates are valid until 31 October 2015 and beyond unless stated otherwise.
- Tour transfers are only offered within central Bangkok. Hotels outside of the city are not covered by a transfer service and guests will be required to find their own way to the meeting point.Child rates are applicable for between 2 - 11 year old.
- Air-conditioned vehicle with an English-speaking guide
- Admission fee as mentioned on this programme
- Transfers from/to hotel
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tips, insurance, etc
- Other services not mentioned on this programme
- Join-in tour requires minimum of two persons for departure
Planning your holiday?Travelling as a group?We can help!
Let us arrange your holiday: Tell us your length of stay, budget limit or number of guests and we do the rest. We can design a holiday or tour to suit you, plus special discounts for groups. Contact us here or CALL US at Thailand : +66 2 694 5771, Malaysia : +60 3 2302 7556