What to Buy & Where to Shop in Chatuchak
There’s more to Chatuchak area than the Chatuchak Weekend Market, although it’s still the place to go for enthusiastic shoppers in search of sheer variety and good bargains. If you like food markets and street food, Or Tor Kor market is not to be missed. Browse the market section for top-quality produce, or sample tasty dishes at the adjacent open-air food court. Further down from Or Tor Kor, Rod Fai Market offers all things vintage and is highly recommended for those who appreciate the laid-back indie scene.Read More
- Ayutthaya Ancient Capital Tour with River Cruise
- Banyan Tree's Apsara Dinner Cruise
- Bridge on the River Kwai & Historic Railway Tour
- Thonburi Klongs & Grand Palace Morning Excursion
- Floating Markets Cycling & Boat Tour
- Private Grand Palace, Emerald Buddha & Reclining Buddha Morning Tour
- Siam Niramit Dinner Show
- Calypso Bangkok Cabaret Show
- Safari World & Marine Park Full-Day Tour With Buffet Lunch
- Muay Thai Live Performance
Most Popular in Chatuchak
All Shopping in Chatuchak
Once only popular among wholesalers and traders, Chatuchak Weekend Market has reached a landmark status as a must-visit place for tourists. Its sheer size and diverse collections of merchandise will bring any seasoned shoppers to their knees – this is where you can literally shop ‘till you drop’. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Saturdays and Sundays, 09:00 - 18:00, and Fridays 18:00 - 24:00. Plant sections are also open on Wednesdays and Thursdays, from 07:00 - 18:00.
- MRT: Chatuchak Park
- BTS: Mo Chit
JJ Green Market
JJ Green Night Market – also known locally as Siam Gypsy Market – might just be the coolest place to shop in Bangkok, and has a more bohemian vibe when compared to the capital’s gargantuan Chatuchak Weekend Market just down the road.
Part vintage flea market, part local drinking hangout, JJ Green is best visited on Thursday to Sunday evening, from 17:00 to 24:00, although many bars here keeps going until after midnight on Saturday and Sunday night, when the market is at its busiest.
- Opening Hours: Thurs - Sun 17:00 – 02:00
- MRT: Chatuchak
- BTS: Mo Chit
- Address: 1 Kamphaeng Phet 3, Chatuchak, Bangkok
Ranked the 4th best fresh market in the world by a famous travel guide, Or Tor Kor is so much more than a local market. Products displayed here are selected among the best found in the entire country. With such an incredible range of beautiful fruits, extremely fresh vegetables, meats and seafood, Or Tor Kor should be on the list of Must-See of any chef or budding Gordon Ramsey, and it's just next to Chatuchak Weekend Market! Read More...
- Opening Hours: 06:00 - 20:00 (every day)
- Location: Kamphaengphet Road, opposite Chatuchak Weekend Market
- MRT: Kamphaeng Phet
- How to get there: Take the MRT subway to Kamphaeng Phet station. Exit number three, and you're in the market.
Papaya vintage is like no other shop you have even seen before. Many have heard of it but few have actually stepped inside it. It is so bizarre that some of the greatest and genuine vintage items on display are not even for sale! So, what kind of shop would do that? If you haven't been there before, you won't be impressed by the location and even less by the exterior of the warehouse. Because that's what Papaya is; a warehouse in the suburbs of Bangkok. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Soi Lat Pharo 55/2, Lat Pharo Road Wang Thong Lamg, Bangkok 10310
- Tel: 02 539 8220
At Rod Fai Market, an open-air bazaar set beside an abandoned railroad track, the vintage look never goes out of style. Spread on the ground is all kinds of collectibles and memorabilia from the yesteryear, from antique furniture to hippy fashion to Mao kitsch. Rod Fai Market definitely stands out from the hordes of outdoor markets across Bangkok but it could be hard to find, as it’s tucked behind what appears to be an abandoned warehouse near the Chatuchak Weekend Market. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 17:00 - midnight (Sat-Sun)
- Location: Khamphaengphet Road (behind Chatuchak Weekend Market)
- MRT: Kamphaengphet
Union Mall Bangkok
Strategically located opposite the ever-busy Central Lad Prao, Union Mall caters especially for a younger crowd, mainly university students, young office workers and those who find Central Lad Prao too expensive and Chatuchak Weekend Market too hot. Union Mall stands eight storeys tall with a total area of 150,000 square metres, housing over 1,000 retail shops. It boasts easy access from the MRT Phahon Yothin station, an international food court, a myriad of fast food chains, entertainment areas, tutorial schools, a fitness centre and a supermarket.
The open-air market just outside the air-conditioned mall is also worth a browse (open everyday from 17:00 onwards). You'll find an interesting range of clothing items, bags, shoes, and fashion accessories at affordable prices.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 22:00
- Location: Lad Prao Intersection, opposite Central Lao Prao
- MRT: Phahon Yothin