BTS Wongwian Yai (S8)
Where to Stay, Shop and Eat Near BTS Wongwian Yai
Wongwian Yai Station sits in a dense residential neighbourhood just south of King Taksin the Great Monument. Although off the tourist map, this area has a lively outdoor food market and a wide range of shop-house style eateries.
There is also a large Robinsons Department store near Wongwian Yai BTS Station, offering a large air conditioned space with plenty of popular fashion brands and chain restaurants. One of the most prominent landmarks in this area is King Taksin the Great Monument, which can be found at the main roundabout just a short three-minute walk north from the BTS station.
Shopping around BTS Wongwian Yai
- Wongwian Yai Market – for fresh fruit, vegetables, snacks and ready-to-eat meals
- Robinson Department Store – chain department store with affordable goods and food market
Dining & Restaurants around BTS Wongwian Yai
- Around King Taksin Monument – go to Charoenrad Road south of the monument for delicious beef noodle soup
- Lad Ya Road – opposite Robinson Department Store, for mouthwatering braised duck noodle soup
Attractions and Activities around BTS Wongwian Yai
- King Taksin the Great Monument – a towering landmark on the Thonburi side
Hotels in Thonburi