Saphan Khwai BTS Station (N7)
Where to Stay, Shop and Eat Near Saphan Khwai BTS Station
Saphan Kwai BTS Station, overshadowed by neighbouring Ari and Mo Chit, is where to find all kinds of specialty shops, from second-hand books to amulets, Thai costume rentals to gambling accessories. The area also offers a vast array of tasty street-side grub, and there is also a large Big C Supercentre that sells everything from fresh produce to TVs and fashion items.
There is also a popular local nightlife zone near Saphan Kwai BTS on Sutthisan Winitchai Road (near Pahon Yothin Soi 16). After dark, several beer bars, karaoke lounges and go-go bars open their doors until late, welcoming mostly local males of all ages. Popular venues on this much-talked-about road include RCA 2, T Det 99, Beer Park and Ban Phai.
As for attractions, there is the Philatelic Museum (collection of Thai stamps dating back to the 19th century) and Poon Tao Gong Shrine where you can find Chinese Opera performances on occasion.
Shopping around Saphan Kwai BTS Station
- Big C Supercenter – local superstore chain offering a diverse array of inexpensive merchandise
- Street shopping – get your curiosity piqued and browse through the shop-houses along Phaholyothin Road
Dining & Restaurants around Saphan Kwai BTS Station
- Dee Det (Soi Phaholyothin 11) – for tasty beef noodle soup, with tender beef chunks and well-seasoned broth
- Mongkol Wattana (near Paolo Hospital) – Hainanese chicken rice is the main – and must try – dish here
- Sanan Seafood – for Thai-Chinese style seafood and tasty fish tom yam
Attractions and Activities around Saphan Kwai BTS Station
- Philatelic Museum – features a collection of Thai and foreign stamps dating back to 1881
- Poon Tao Gong Shrine – for modern Chinese opera performances (starting 19:30)