Bearing BTS Station (E14)
Where to Stay, Shop and Eat Near Bearing BTS Station
Bearing is at the easternmost edge of Bangkok. Beyond here is Samrong, Samutprakarn Province. There’s not much going on around the station itself. For sight-seeing, a short taxi ride from the station will get you to Erawan Museum and, farther away, Bang Pu seaside retreat and Muang Boran (The Ancient City).
Hotels around Bearing BTS Station
- The Monmanee Hotel – for spacious, well-appointed rooms about 15 minutes’ drive from/to Suvarnabhumi International Airport.
Shopping around Bearing BTS Station
- APT Bearing Mall (Exit 2) – outdoor community mall with individual shops selling clothing, fashion accessories, shoes, leather bags and snacks
Dining & Restaurants around Bearing BTS Station
- Saeb Tee Som Tam (Exit 3) – for tasty northeastern cuisine, som tam, larb and, the signature menu, earthen jar-baked chicken
- Panda House (Sukhumvit Soi 107) – for quick, made-to-order and a-la-carte Thai meal, including fusion fare and pork satay
- Sweet Hours (Exit 3) – cutesy bakery shop with homemade ice-creams, pastries and honey toasts
Attractions and Activities around Bearing BTS Station
- Erawan Museum – a bizarre museum housed inside a towering three-headed elephant statue, featuring three levels of opulently fitted out space fusing a new-age theme and religion
- Bang Pu – one of the closest seaside excursions from the city centre, surrounded by a mangrove forest and fishing villages
- Muang Boran – an expansive outdoor museum that mimics the precise shape of Thailand, featuring replicas of the country's most historically significant structures